oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   HoBao (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=206)
-   -   Hyper H2 setups (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120388)

madmax 24-01-2013 10:20 PM

Hyper H2 setups

I think this would be a good place to put out setups in here

madmax 24-01-2013 10:47 PM

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...psb5590368.jpg

ben 04-03-2013 03:00 PM

http://www.oople.com/forums/picture....pictureid=5939

Hope the picture comes up ok. I was running the car with the flat kickup shim in the front. Missed that off the setup sheet.

Any questions please ask.

Thanks Ben

madmax 04-03-2013 07:15 PM

I noticed you put down ball diff which one have you fitted

KRob 05-03-2013 10:04 AM

We're testing a ball diff which hopefully should be out soon for those that want it. Seems to be a bit better on some of the more slippery indoor surfaces but for outdoors I don't think it'll make much difference if any.

I measured a variety of ball diffs and nothing else is a direct fit. The 22 diff is closest and does go in but the overall diameter of the gear is about 0.5mm larger so it does make the gearbox tighter, and it will need shimming too - not ideal but it can work if you're desperate....

andy reeves 05-03-2013 12:53 PM

What pistons were you using ben?

ben 05-03-2013 05:01 PM

They were associated pistons with the centre hole opened up.

The car was quite good on sunday at broxtowe, my lap times were not too far off the faster locals in the A final and the car was quite easy to drive! :drool:

adon30 15-03-2013 03:35 PM

Are any of you going to be at Kidderminster this weekend? Interested to see how this are progressing and what set ups people are finding. Looks like some different shock settings progressing.

I've been finding the car very stable and a pleasure to drive.

ben 15-03-2013 04:45 PM

Fingers crossed i should be at Kiddy on sunday providing the weather is being kind!
I'm really impressed with my H2!

Ben

Losi_110 18-04-2013 08:58 AM

Hi i was wondering if anyone's got a good grass set up at all as i am looking at getting a h2 in the next couple of weeks and just wondering what springs, pistons another stuff to buy, cheers

Booner 18-04-2013 08:01 PM

Kidderminster and H2

Hi all,

I have a H2 and am going to kidderminster soon and was wondering how did you H2 perform on the kiddy track?

Thanks for the replys.

jasonrcb 18-04-2013 08:46 PM

The H2 is fine at kiddi as with all the tracks we have been running it on lately,there will be a few of us at kiddi for there summer series so feel free to come over for a chat,were happy to help out where we can.

Hopefully one of the cml crew will post there setup from the kiddi national

_sleigh_ 18-04-2013 11:05 PM

I have sent over my Kidderminster National setup to CML for uploading to their website. If it doesn't appear on there in the next few days then I'll post it up here directly.

Overall I was more than impressed with the car, especially as hitting the track in practice was the first time the wheels had moved since the kit was built earlier that week. Time will hopefully allow us to gain more knowledge on setups and progress the results a little.

Cheers
Phil

KRob 19-04-2013 11:28 AM

Phil's H2 Kidderminster set-up
:thumbsup:

ben 19-04-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KRob (Post 767226)

My kidderminster setup was near enough the same as phils apart from the following.
Rear shocks - kit 2 hole pistons drilled to 1.7mm. 27.5wt associated oil.
Front shocks - kit 2 hole pistons drilled to 1.6mm 32.5wt associated oil.

adon30 19-04-2013 10:05 PM

What size holes are kit pistons?

andy reeves 22-04-2013 06:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my set up that I ran yesterday at the mid west regional at Telford.

tdi250 22-04-2013 06:46 PM

Hi Andy,

I was at Telford yesterday too and have a similar setup to you and I'm using associated black grease in my gear diff too.

The setup seemed to go well in the dry but when it got wet for the final my car became undrivable, only the slightest touch of the throttle would spin the car around, whereas in the dry it was very stable and wasn't oversteering at all.

I was running the same tyres as you and even backed the slipper off before my wet run.

Any thoughts on what I may have got wrong?

adon30 22-04-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdi250 (Post 767956)
Hi Andy,

I was at Telford yesterday too and have a similar setup to you and I'm using associated black grease in my gear diff too.

The setup seemed to go well in the dry but when it got wet for the final my car became undrivable, only the slightest touch of the throttle would spin the car around, whereas in the dry it was very stable and wasn't oversteering at all.

I was running the same tyres as you and even backed the slipper off before my wet run.

Any thoughts on what I may have got wrong?

Mine actually went faster in the wet. Probably because I slowed myself down and stopped driving like a numpty.
What springs you running? Weight? Battery config? There's plenty of other stuff to think about as well.
Jason ran his wet setup all day yesterday with no changes.
Pop over next time it's a friendly camp :)

tdi250 22-04-2013 08:02 PM

I was running red associated springs up front and yellow losi springs on the rear, saddle pack across the chassis with 40g under lipos and another 20g just in front of the motor. I wondered if I haven't packed enough grease into the diff and its running loose?