oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vintage RC (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   RC10 w0rLDs NIX91 Conversion (RED) BUILD !!! (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171241)

xfactor 29-08-2015 09:16 PM

RC10 w0rLDs NIX91 Conversion (RED) BUILD !!!

Hi all,

Just thought I would share this with you all.

I will be starting a build thread on a RC10 NIX91 conversion w0rLDs. This will have a MHeadlings powder coated chassis,nose and motor plate in RED.

I had a RPM RC10 w0rLDs car back in 1991/92. It has a cut down rear chassis and a truck front nose and bulkhead. This allows for longer wishbones front and rear but stays within the legal width.

I have been collecting parts for some time and will post pictures over the next week of what I have.

Chassis is due anytime and once this BABY turns up I will post comparisons of chassis's and where the mods are.

RC10 w0rLDs NIX91 conversion RED build is coming !!!!:thumbsup:

MHeadling 29-08-2015 09:45 PM

Can't wait to see this latest creation from the xfactor workshop :thumbsup:

xfactor 30-08-2015 05:59 PM

NIX RPM 91 w0rLDs conversion THE PARTS !!!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Ok guys/girls,

This is THE PARTS I have purchased from shapeways of NIX 91 w0rLDs.
I want to high light THE PARTS separate so you can see what I have got.

I have,

Rear wishbones (longer than standard). RPM Style.
Front wishbones (longer than standard).RPM Style.
Rear wishbone hangers. RPM Style.
Front bumper. RPM Style.
Rear cutting Template. RPM Style.

The template fits on rear and you cut inwards. This allows for the longer wishbones but still stays within the legal width.

I will show this once I have chassis to show you exactly what I have done.

THE PARTS............:D

Click to enlarge......

xfactor 30-08-2015 06:10 PM

PARTS COLLECTED SO FAR.

4 Attachment(s)
So the parts I have collected so far.

Truck front bulkhead nylon original. (This is needed as you require the truck front nose plate).

Truck nose tubes original.(These are required as you are using the front bulkhead and nose plate. These are shorter than the buggy).

MIP alloy drive shafts,axles and pin kit.

Associated original screws.

Worlds front shock tower (carbon this is used and allows for truck front shocks ,B2/3 shocks or standard .71 Team Shocks).

Worlds rear shock tower (carbon).

RPM Original hydra drive white gear cover.

Team Associated original gear cover (frosted).

RW Ball raced steering set. ( I had this back in the day).

So these are the parts so far..............:D:D

Click to enlarge...........

Peakey 30-08-2015 06:58 PM

Nice parts stash, have you got the hydra drive? And what are they like I've been looking at one but I'm not sure.

xfactor 30-08-2015 07:21 PM

Hi J,

I ran the Hydra back in the day. To be honest I didn't get on with it. I found them hard to fill correctly with the oil/grease. I also found them hard to seal also as they have a tiny black o-ring. I didn't like the feel of the Hydra on the track.

Thats just me, but I know people who did like them though. It just wasn't me. I was quicker with the standard slipper.

The club me and my parents ran was also on a farm which was bumpy,muddy and full of sheep, which occasionally ran on to the track............:woot:

I also think as well that the hydra may not stand the power of brushless, but I maybe totally wrong............

gainsy 31-08-2015 02:13 PM

Can't wait to see this one done :)

Nice one for posting up all the parts needed for the build, i dare not ask how much it came to but i bet it will be worth every penny :thumbsup:

lcpvcce 31-08-2015 02:37 PM

Good job Mark .................. :thumbsup:

xfactor 01-09-2015 08:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes gainsy I havent added up the parts I have yet, but will be a good price once finished.........:blush: glad the MRS isn't a member............:woot:

She cant understand why I keep buying the same car and parts :lol::lol: WOMEN just dont understand the RC10..........:thumbsup:

Thank you Ken..........

Anyway just thought I would share the new ORIGINAL RC10 three piece wheels in packet I have got. Just need the rears to find now...........:thumbsup:

Click to enlarge........

Peakey 01-09-2015 09:06 PM

No mark you need these

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/...psvqsurhkm.jpg

xfactor 01-09-2015 09:11 PM

I have them also new in packet J,

But love the three piece wheels.........:thumbsup:

xfactor 03-09-2015 06:50 PM

RED Chassis..

Just a update.

Ive heard a nice rumor that the NIX 91 w0rLDs chassis should be ready early next week.

RED powder coated chassis, truck nose plate and motor plate............

Cant wait.............

Once I have it I will post pictures and also show mods and differences......:thumbsup:

xfactor 16-09-2015 06:37 PM

NIX 91 w0rLds chassis (RED)

Hi all,

Just to let you all know, I have collected the RED chassis, nose and motor plate today......:D:D:D STUNNING !!!!!!!

Once I have finished polishing it.......:D I will post pics and show all differences and mods.

Then the build will start.

I will also post part numbers of parts along the way, for anyone who is interested in doing one for themselves...........:thumbsup:....

xfactor 16-09-2015 06:40 PM

NIX RPM 91 w0rLDs conversion.

I have just been informed that,

This is the first complete build of this buggy World Wide.............:woot:

oOPle exclusive..........

Peakey 16-09-2015 06:42 PM

So is this a Nix alloy chassis you've had coated mark?

xfactor 16-09-2015 06:47 PM

Chassis

Hi J,

No matey its a standard RC10 Chassis. RC10T nose plate and standard motor plate. This was in 1991 when this conversion was released by RPM. It was for the RC10 Team Stealth car.

The chassis is cut at the rear and re-drilled with the NIX Template. I will show in detail for you all once I post pics.......:thumbsup:

MHeadling 16-09-2015 06:51 PM

Looking forward to seeing the build, glad your pleased with it :thumbsup:

xfactor 16-09-2015 06:59 PM

Oh YES Marko STUNNING. Must stop polishing, there will be no RED left.......:lol:

xfactor 16-09-2015 07:47 PM

Chassis

5 Attachment(s)
So here we go,

Pictures showing chassis in RED Powder coating THANK YOU TO Mheadling. Chassis mods/cuts and comparisons to standard chassis........

You can see how much has been cut at the rear. You fix the template to the chassis via the gearbox holes. The template also has 2 holes for drilling, these holes are for the new rear hangers. Holes are 4-40 at the front and 8-32 at the rear. I did back in the day front also 8-32 so have done this today.........

Any questions please ask.....................:thumbsup:

Click to enlarge........

Peakey 16-09-2015 07:48 PM

I see now, nice mark can't wait to see it finished.