oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bury Metro (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Is racing back on this Wednesday night? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154246)

ahhseeten 21-07-2014 02:44 PM

Is racing back on this Wednesday night?

As title...

gazhillAE 22-07-2014 04:22 PM

Gav??

Si Coe 22-07-2014 05:52 PM

I'm going to say no because I've got the timing box and I'm not planning on coming down.
Not to say you can't use the track for some practice but it won't be timed.

mark-rc 22-07-2014 11:43 PM

Dam! Well miffed off now, just bought new tyres, glued them up ready for Wednesday, and made plans to with Anna to go racing, as it's her day off and she was really looking forward to it. And to top it off, the weather is set to be awesome. :mad::mad::mad::thumbdown:

ahhseeten 23-07-2014 04:54 AM

Will racing be back on next Wednesday or has the death knell sounded for the foreseeable future?

Gavin Collingwood 23-07-2014 06:46 AM

It's up to si if he can do race control over the summer hols as my dad was only helping out until then

birdy 23-07-2014 11:16 AM

For the foreseeable future it's not happening, lack of numbers & no race controllers being the main issue.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but we as a club need to concentrate on Sundays for the time being.

mark-rc 23-07-2014 12:58 PM

Thats a shame, I wonder if the low numbers were due to the fact kids were still at school, think I would of give it another go now they have broken up for the summer, just may of got more numbers. Birdy, please can you get that key cut for me, thanks matey.

ahhseeten 23-07-2014 01:13 PM

Why not offer any monies received to anyone who volunteers to do the race control? Even a small turnout should be 50 quid or so and then any weeks where more drivers turn up the controller is quids in! Judging from this thread at least 3 drivers are guaranteed to come. Maybe you could do a list each week with a minimum entry number. Say 20 or so. At a fiver each that's £100. Surely someone is prepared to run race control for that.. I know I'm clutching at straws a bit but it just seems a real shame especially given the current weather.

birdy 23-07-2014 01:46 PM

Mark / Mark

Don't think the idea of paying the race controller would be an option for a number of reasons and a whole host of issues this can cause the club.

If we were to run a meeting the monies made are for the club, to go towards paying for Fuel, Rent, future works etc...

We still don't have the committee required for a Wednesday night meeting which we need at least 2 to attend each meeting.

I would love to run these meetings, but with current work load and the fact that I am working in Loughborough today with no chance of getting anywhere near Manchester before 7pm tonight, I just cant commit.

Sorry again

Neil B

MarkGoulding 23-07-2014 01:55 PM

Maybe every other week would work better, say just the weeks that you are not running on a Sunday,

This may help with a bigger turn out, and with people being on hand to run race control,

Will be gutted to see it go, as I struggle to get out on a Sunday.

Mark