oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tamiya (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Exotek TRF201 +8mm Chassis Extension Set (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110312)

Ray Kindstrom 15-09-2012 02:41 AM

Exotek TRF201 +8mm Chassis Extension Set

1 Attachment(s)
Exotek has released a +8mm Chassis Extension Set. More details can be found here.

http://www.exotekracing.com/trf201-8...extension-set/

Aussie Top Force 15-09-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Kindstrom (Post 694580)
Exotek has released a +8mm Chassis Extension Set. More details can be found here.

http://www.exotekracing.com/trf201-8...extension-set/

Just ordered one!

What a sensible option! saves cutting up two chassis's which I was considering :o

Jamesk 15-09-2012 01:01 PM

Some reason i cant order it, keeps saying can not ship to the UK !!!! Not good at all.

jK

Zipper 15-09-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamesk (Post 694679)
Some reason i cant order it, keeps saying can not ship to the UK !!!! Not good at all.

jK

Have a word with DMS, I'm sure they can get hold of them.

Ray Kindstrom 16-09-2012 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamesk (Post 694679)

jK

I'll send an email to the boss to see what he can do about shipping or at least get a list of UK dealers. It might be Mon. before I get a reply though.

Ray

DCM 16-09-2012 08:24 AM

DMS are the distributor in the UK, Exotek will not send to customers in the UK.

Ray Kindstrom 16-09-2012 11:40 AM

Yep, you guys are correct. DMS is the official importer of Exotek products for the UK.

http://www.dms-racing.com/

Darren Boyle 16-09-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Kindstrom (Post 694923)
Yep, you guys are correct. DMS is the official importer of Exotek products for the UK.

http://www.dms-racing.com/

www.xfactoryrc.co.uk ;)

We have been closed all of last week, but our next Exotek order is being placed early this coming week and will include the TRF201 +8mm sets (as well as the new carbon battery strap, Mini 8 parts and SC10 4x4 rear hubs too that have been announced in the last 7 days), anybody from the UK looking for any of these (or any Exotek part for that matter) get in touch with your local XF UK dealer and ask them to get them on order ready for you......

UK prices on all the new items will be confirmed shortly and press releases will be sent out to all dealers, expect them to be great value for money as ever and will also appear on our website very soon too....

Jamesk 16-09-2012 10:05 PM

Thanks Darren I'll place my order when I back from holiday.

James

rcaddict 16-09-2012 11:05 PM

I just bought an Exotek TRF201 Chassis Extension directly from Exotek.
They are in San Diego, California, which is about 130 miles from my home.

I should have it in my hands in about 2 or 3 days. :p

I'll let you guys know what I think. It should be good because the TRF416 chassis conversion I bought from them is top notch! :thumbsup:

Ray Kindstrom 18-09-2012 04:03 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Received my Exotek +8 Conversion kit in the mail yesterday! Lets start by saying the workmanship behind Exotek products are second to none! These pieces look amazing! The T plate is without question alloy (as you can see by the machine marks in the pics below). The U brace is the "right" color. Which for some may not be an issue but I love Tamiya blue....so it has to be correct. Even the shock mounting extensions are alloy. Seems like a bunch of alloy for the price.

My car is going through a rebuild, but as soon as I get it back together I'll post pics. I am hoping to test this weekend. My home track is having a 2 day on-road race event....but I'm trying to pull some strings to get on the indoor off-road track for a few hours.

Darren Boyle 18-09-2012 06:27 PM

Our UK pricing has today been confirmed....

The complete "+8mm chassis extension set" part number EX1245 will have a UK RRP of just £29.99

The carbon fibre battery strap for the TRF201, part number EX1244 will be £12.29 and the Spare chassis extension T plate itself (EX1246) will be £19.99.

First shipment leaving the USA any day now and will be with us shortly......

Origineelreclamebord 18-09-2012 06:46 PM

Looks really good, and a good place to extend the chassis: I never had the standard pieces on those spots break, it's easy to switch between wheelbase settings, but...

...I'm not too sure about the aluminium T-plate. I'm concerned it may make the chassis slightly too stiff - at least on clay - though this may find a bigger following on astroturf anyway? Also, the plastic may be more hard-wearing than aluminium.

That said, I'm really interested to know about how it changes the performance of the car and how durable the parts are - one thing is for certain though, if the looks are anything to go by these parts are KILLER! :woot:

rcaddict 19-09-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Kindstrom (Post 695748)
Received my Exotek +8 Conversion kit in the mail yesterday! Lets start by saying the workmanship behind Exotek products are second to none! These pieces look amazing! The T plate is without question alloy (as you can see by the machine marks in the pics below). The U brace is the "right" color. Which for some may not be an issue but I love Tamiya blue....so it has to be correct. Even the shock mounting extensions are alloy. Seems like a bunch of alloy for the price.

My car is going through a rebuild, but as soon as I get it back together I'll post pics. I am hoping to test this weekend. My home track is having a 2 day on-road race event....but I'm trying to pull some strings to get on the indoor off-road track for a few hours.

My Exotek TRF201 Conversion came in the post today, and its exactly what Ray said. It looks and feels high quality, and the blue matches Tamiya's blue parts (not a surpirse to me as I was already sold on Exotek quality).
Now, all thats left to do is install it and see the difference in handling characteristics. The car should be alot more stable in the straights and the jumps. I have no experience with Vega's conversion, but I would expect the car to behave alot like a Vega 201 in rear motor configuration, perhaps with a little bit quicker steering. Lets see what those who already have a Vega have to say...

Fredrik Emilsson 19-09-2012 08:09 AM

Nice looking parts!

Hope that the strong/stiff t-plate and extension part does“nt crack the chassi or other plastic parts.
Those upper damper mount screws are looong. Will cause more stress on damper tower and screws. Might bend the screws or brake damper tower.

But as said before, parts look great!:)

Origineelreclamebord 19-09-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredrik Emilsson (Post 695921)
Nice looking parts!

Hope that the strong/stiff t-plate and extension part does“nt crack the chassi or other plastic parts.
Those upper damper mount screws are looong. Will cause more stress on damper tower and screws. Might bend the screws or brake damper tower.

But as said before, parts look great!:)

They are, but using shorter spacers could help? The standard 201 has the shocks slightly diagonal from the side view, so I'm assuming it won't hurt performance that much if you take 2mm off the Exotek's spacing?

Aussie Top Force 30-09-2012 10:48 AM

I fitted my conversion kit today. The aluminium T-Plate is substantially stiffer that the plastic kit version, thus no need for the brace from the middle of the shock tower to the transmission.

I will be given it a run next week on a clay track - St Ives, Sydney.

Aussie Top Force 07-10-2012 10:32 AM

Ran the car at St Ives today. Track was a bit rough and vary dusty. Very low traction. The car felt very stable though, had plenty of steering. Fun didn't last long though, 2 bad landings off the triples meant 2 broken suspension arms in 2 separate incidents. Never broken them before though! Could be that the t-plate is so much more rigid that there is no give, hence broken arms??

Need to drive more careful!:woot:

Origineelreclamebord 14-10-2012 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie Top Force (Post 701558)
Ran the car at St Ives today. Track was a bit rough and vary dusty. Very low traction. The car felt very stable though, had plenty of steering. Fun didn't last long though, 2 bad landings off the triples meant 2 broken suspension arms in 2 separate incidents. Never broken them before though! Could be that the t-plate is so much more rigid that there is no give, hence broken arms??

Need to drive more careful!:woot:

I've only broken front arms so far, as well. If you keep breaking new arms I'd say it could indeed be the T-plate, for now though you can't be sure as the parts on there have had a fair bit of use already (I assume)? :eh?:

So was the car more stable than usual in those conditions?

Aussie Top Force 15-10-2012 09:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Origineelreclamebord (Post 703626)
I've only broken front arms so far, as well. If you keep breaking new arms I'd say it could indeed be the T-plate, for now though you can't be sure as the parts on there have had a fair bit of use already (I assume)? :eh?:

So was the car more stable than usual in those conditions?

It felt more stable yes, for the short time it got used!

Then this: (btw - that's a 501X arm)