oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electrics (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Sanwa Gemini X (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129848)

burgie 26-05-2013 09:03 PM

Sanwa Gemini X

Does anybody have one?

Looking at buying a new transmitter, can't justify £400 on one but the Gemini x seems to be good on paper.

If you have one, what are your thoughts about it?

SamRCRacing 26-05-2013 09:14 PM

Love it, I have been running mine since xmas and it's brilliant for the price you pay. Has most of the adjustments as the £400 one. It is very responsive, I went from one of the Code ones and mad me a lap a race quicker.

I definitely recommend this!

Sam

john333 28-05-2013 02:35 PM

great transmitter, all the adjustments and more you will ever need and runs the same high response system as the ecxes x so incredibly fast and precise. Get an LRP lipo receiver pack in it and it will last for weeks between charges too.

RogerM 30-05-2013 08:16 AM

I have always had top line radios but when I decided to go to Sanwa I found the Exces too uncomfortable in my hands. Jamie suggested the Gemini and I'm so glad he did.
Fits me perfectly, not even considered missing a beat and it does everything I wanted.
Add to that the service from the SMD guys that you'll almost certainly never need and you can't go wrong!

Until Orion do a stick radio I'll keep this bad boy.

slipdigby 30-05-2013 10:40 AM

I have one of these.
Can't fault it its great. I've considered a lipo pack for it but doesn't seem to need one so far. Only 4 aa batteries in it and they are still going strong.

I couldn't find any online reviews of it before I bought it but glad I went for it.
People seem to go for the £70 ish core ones or 2nd hand futabas.

This ones a brand new up to date sanwa for just over £150 which has the same system as the new £400 2.4 exces and all the functions you need.

If your a strict stick only racer then well worth considering.

LRP 30-05-2013 01:46 PM

I used one of my friends on my old buggy and the response is great
Now I've bought my son one and his lap times have dropped by a few seconds
With no change to his car only the radio ,
So +1 for the Gemini x

mattcaney 25-03-2016 04:27 PM

Gemini X

I have just bought one, second hand, but its immaculate - careful owner looks new. What Lipo/LiFe is required for it ? (and then a learning course on how to use it :-). )

Lee1972 26-03-2016 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattcaney (Post 944315)
I have just bought one, second hand, but its immaculate - careful owner looks new. What Lipo/LiFe is required for it ? (and then a learning course on how to use it :-). )

LRP do a lipo that fits, have a look on Ebay think they're about £3p There's three of us in our household that use the X and they're quality.

Just found this on ebay 221731092653

mattcaney 05-04-2016 02:14 PM

Gemini X

Hi, Just getting everything ready before the big switch on, is there anything I need to prepared to do. I have reset the transmitter so everything is set to 100%. Just dont want something to go bang, as everything is soldered up correctly (have checked many times). Using a SP Reventon Pro 1.1 which you have to be careful with as the supplied lead is black and can easily be connected back to front.

One small thing which connection on the receiver do I am connect the Harry Transponder on RX 451 Receiver

Thanks

Matt

mattcaney 05-04-2016 02:30 PM

Gemini X

Hi, Just getting everything ready before the big switch on, is there anything I need to prepared to do. I have reset the transmitter so everything is set to 100%. Just dont want something to go bang, as everything is soldered up correctly (have checked many times). Using a SP Reventon Pro 1.1 which you have to be careful with as the supplied lead is black and can easily be connected back to front.

One small thing which connection on the receiver do I am connect the Harry Transponder on RX 451 Receiver

Thanks

Matt

MiCk B. 05-04-2016 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattcaney (Post 945385)

Thanks

Matt

Hi,

Just plug the PT into any spare channel in the receiver, it just needs power.

When everything is powered up there should be a light on the PT as well.

MiCk B. :-)

Big paul 05-04-2016 03:26 PM

Just seen on f/b that Schumacher are the distributor for sanwa from this week.

mattcaney 05-04-2016 06:57 PM

transponder

Thank you, the Harry light flashes when all is ok, its this correct. Just need to find out the transponder number as bought this second hand.

Ashlandchris 05-04-2016 07:38 PM

Next time you race, go over the loop and the race controller will be able to enlighten you :thumbsup:

bretts 06-04-2016 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big paul (Post 945389)
Just seen on f/b that Schumacher are the distributor for sanwa from this week.

Do you think we might find a Gemini X in stock somewhere soon then.:thumbsup:

CHEVY 06-04-2016 10:46 AM

Gemini x
I think I read somewhere Sanwa stopped production of them

Big paul 06-04-2016 10:56 AM

Sanwa still have them on there site.

http://sanwa-denshi.com/rc/car/propo/gemini_x.html

CHEVY 06-04-2016 03:16 PM

I am going of post MB MODELS put up about being the last batch due to stopping production

Unless Sanwa changed minds:confused::confused::confused::thumbsup:

bretts 06-04-2016 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHEVY (Post 945493)
I am going of post MB MODELS put up about being the last batch due to stopping production

Unfortunately, I think you're right.

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169970

Well, at least the new Exzes ZZ is cheap @ RRP £520!!!:woot::woot::woot:

Schmacher link up with Sanwa
http://www.racing-cars.com/scp/news/...partno=news810

CHEVY 06-04-2016 04:17 PM

£520 they are taking the pi-- I cannot see why someone would pay
More for a radio than car artr car minus radio gear

I THINK GEAR SUPPLIERS ARE GETTING MONEY MAD
AND Will DRIVE PEOPLE AWAY FROM SPORT
UNLESS YOU ARE SPONSORED :thumbdown::thumbdown::confused::thumbdown::thumbd own: