oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   XRAY (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=191)
-   -   Anyone using the XB2 coming from the YZ2? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178464)

dwp102 29-03-2016 10:24 AM

Anyone using the XB2 coming from the YZ2?

How have they found the difference between the two?

Cosworth 29-03-2016 12:19 PM

I came from a yz2 to an xb2.

For me the yz2 had more steering, less rear end and a little harder to drive over a 5 minute run consistently. But it does come with the nicer alloy steering and front lower bulkhead.

Whereas the xb2 had way more rear end/less steering giving more confidence and making it easier to drive over the 5 minute run. The xray is also a stronger car having only broke one shock shaft compared to countless wishbones and upper bulkheads on the yz2.

This is what I've found anyway. Others may have had a different experience.

dwp102 29-03-2016 01:26 PM

Thanks for the feedback

shaun m 29-03-2016 01:35 PM

Same here , i loved my yz2 in the dry but never got to grips with it in the wet , not done many meetings with the xb2 but feel more at ease with it and soo far going just as quick if not better , and its soo much easyer to set up and work on ..

Xray gets my vote :thumbsup:

J77MYF 29-03-2016 06:08 PM

I've just bought an XB2 and raced it for the first time on Friday night. The track was slippy floor and I qualified first in the A final and won it on kit setup. I've had the YZ-2 since it was released and it's a fantastic car. I fancied trying the XB2 so I bought one. I don't know many people with them but so far I like it.

J77MYF 29-03-2016 06:10 PM

P.s it looks like a YZ-2 from the outside but it's quite a bit different when you build it.

gunny 29-03-2016 09:28 PM

The same here.
The XB2 is less aggressive than the yz2.
In my view the XB2 is the better car

shaun m 29-03-2016 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J77MYF (Post 944768)
P.s it looks like a YZ-2 from the outside but it's quite a bit different when you build it.

Exactly , people keep telling its just a yz2 in disquise , but as you say its not when you build and drive it

bagwaa 17-04-2016 10:44 AM

I had a YZ2 all last year, I found the YZ2 to be an amazing car, but it was a LOT harder to drive consistently, I find the XB2 way more predictable. Its also way stronger than the YZ2 by a huge amount.

I agree that the XB2 has less steering, but I think this is more that the YZ2 just had way too much.

Ive not done much on astro yet, but from what I see from talking to others wet astro could be a weak point for the XB2, unless you buy the dirt version as well for low grip situations

simonrhart 17-04-2016 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagwaa (Post 946494)
I had a YZ2 all last year, I found the YZ2 to be an amazing car, but it was a LOT harder to drive consistently, I find the XB2 way more predictable. Its also way stronger than the YZ2 by a huge amount.

I agree that the XB2 has less steering, but I think this is more that the YZ2 just had way too much.

Ive not done much on astro yet, but from what I see from talking to others wet astro could be a weak point for the XB2, unless you buy the dirt version as well for low grip situations

The only downside to the xb2 out of the box is you need to buy the 23 degree kick up to get the steering you need to hit the apex's. But I love mine in the dry, not yet tried it in the wet.

Robocop 17-04-2016 08:24 PM

Well I have come from a yz2 that I never thought I would get rid of however last week decided to do it.Had the first time in the track today and yes I found it easier to drive hard could not do the yz2 to do that.I found that it suited my style of driving had a play around with things on it and responded well to things can see more potential on this platform for me at this point I was one of the ones that thought it was a yz2 copy but no.

brooksy 17-04-2016 08:54 PM

Has anybody tried the shocks on the rear on the carpet edition yet,and if so what changes would you say it made handling wise?

bagwaa 18-04-2016 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simonrhart (Post 946537)
The only downside to the xb2 out of the box is you need to buy the 23 degree kick up to get the steering you need to hit the apex's. But I love mine in the dry, not yet tried it in the wet.

Yeah, I have to admit I didn't even try it without the 23 degree brass kickup when I first built it.

bagwaa 18-04-2016 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robocop (Post 946542)
Well I have come from a yz2 that I never thought I would get rid of however last week decided to do it.Had the first time in the track today and yes I found it easier to drive hard could not do the yz2 to do that.I found that it suited my style of driving had a play around with things on it and responded well to things can see more potential on this platform for me at this point I was one of the ones that thought it was a yz2 copy but no.

I always felt that if I pushed any more with the YZ-2 that I would get to the point where I would fall off the track, the XB2 doesn't feel like this at all.

Robocop 18-04-2016 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagwaa (Post 946599)
Yeah, I have to admit I didn't even try it without the 23 degree brass kickup when I first built it.

Mine was how it came out the box apart from pistons

shaun m 19-04-2016 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robocop (Post 946608)
Mine was how it came out the box apart from pistons

Yeah same here , and im more than happy with mine :wub:thumbsup:

bagwaa 19-04-2016 12:39 PM

I think the next issue for me will be trying to get the XB2 working on astro, so far I have only seen it on wet astro and a lot of drivers struggled with it, maybe a case of getting the dirt edition as well.

As for a dry setup, no idea currently.

Robocop 19-04-2016 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagwaa (Post 946699)
I think the next issue for me will be trying to get the XB2 working on astro, so far I have only seen it on wet astro and a lot of drivers struggled with it, maybe a case of getting the dirt edition as well.

As for a dry setup, no idea currently.

Put the kit set up on just go 1.6 2 hole piston front 1.7 2 hole rear try that to start with ... Used mine for 1st time at weekend did not change a lot but car felt quite good for initial run....

bagwaa 19-04-2016 01:34 PM

Yeah, already running those pistons, think im running 400/400cst in the shocks, so in theory should be OK