oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Team Associated (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   B74 to wide? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204616)

johan neyens 26-08-2019 07:27 AM

B74 to wide?

The b74 doesn’t seem to fit in the box at the technical inspection. What’s everybody doing to get to the legal width?

MiCk B. 26-08-2019 08:34 AM

Hi,

Is it off by much?

Could you grind the axles down to make it fit?

MiCk B. :-)

charlesk 26-08-2019 09:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It's only catching on the front axles, which is pretty common on modern 4wds. Low profile nuts (either JC or Losi) and trim the front axles a touch.
Just like this:

Big G 07-12-2019 07:03 PM

It really peeves me off with this technicality. You’re gaining no advantage by having the axle foul the box and you’re loosing nothing when you’re forced to grind them down. Nothing on the car has changed by grinding the axles to fit in a box. The track hasn’t changed. The camber change through the suspension travel hasn’t changed. Wheel size or width hasn’t changed. Nothing changes by making this alteration.

mark christopher 07-12-2019 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big G (Post 1007565)
It really peeves me off with this technicality. You’re gaining no advantage by having the axle foul the box and you’re loosing nothing when you’re forced to grind them down. Nothing on the car has changed by grinding the axles to fit in a box. The track hasn’t changed. The camber change through the suspension travel hasn’t changed. Wheel size or width hasn’t changed. Nothing changes by making this alteration.

apart from your breaking the written rule!

which everyone must be happy with as there is never a proposal to change it.

mattr 08-12-2019 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark christopher (Post 1007569)
apart from your breaking the badly written rule!

which everyone must be happy with as there is never a proposal to change it.

Maybe the committee should take it on themselves to work out which rules *actually* mean what they *actually* say and which don't.

daz75 11-12-2019 11:08 PM

Why don't the manufacturers just make them fit in the first place?

RandomConflict 11-12-2019 11:56 PM

I agree that this rule can be a little frustrating, but if the car won't fit in the box due to the axles being too long, then how can scruitineering check to see whether the car is too wide at any other point during the suspension up and down travel? Nothing 20 seconds and a dremel won't fix

HarlowS 13-12-2019 07:07 AM

Because they don't have the same width rule in the US meaning the cars are fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by daz75 (Post 1007628)
Why don't the manufacturers just make them fit in the first place?

daz75 13-12-2019 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarlowS (Post 1007647)
Because they don't have the same width rule in the US meaning the cars are fine.

I assume the world champs have the same rules for all. Surely they should be adopted the world over

Big G 14-12-2019 04:45 PM

So if I had an old school antenna that hung in an arc but happened to be sideways rather than backwards it would hit the box and the car would fail too. Some rules make no difference at all.

The box should be an inch tall which would still stop cars exceeding the pre arranged width/track limit but wouldn’t fail on blooming axles scraping.

I’ve even been told at national meetings to just make sure I dremel them down for the next round and been let through to run in round 1 so it can’t be all that important.

Shaving of the axles makes zero difference to my cars setup or geometry and if you wanted to pick hairs saying it’ll lighten the car it’ll give the car an advantage so really they’re stopping a car running until it’s been given an advantage haha