oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   East of England (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Colchester Start times (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105476)

colin76 11-07-2012 11:39 PM

Colchester Start times

Well the track and rostrum are ready, let's just hope someone plays fair with the weather. Gates will open at around 8ish, booking in from 8.30, racing to start as soon as we can around 9.30....ish.
See you all track side.

jimbobr5turbo 14-07-2012 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colin76 (Post 673711)
Well the track and rostrum are ready, let's just hope someone plays fair with the weather. Gates will open at around 8ish, booking in from 8.30, racing to start as soon as we can around 9.30....ish.
See you all track side.

Will it be open practice or none like last time? :eh?:

colin76 14-07-2012 09:38 AM

practice

It all depends on how the track is in the morning. the decision will be made by the race director first thing in the morning.

SimonW 14-07-2012 01:33 PM

Can somebody bring some BB green rears Sunday to purchase as my parcel has not arrived?

Chris Larner 14-07-2012 03:55 PM

Tomorrow

Can somebody bring some scuba gear and water wings!
Joking aside, with all the non stop rain today is the track field still ok for Sunday. I know the forecast for tomorrow looks Ok but not sure how the area drains.
Cheers in advance for any news/replys.

rcmodelweek 14-07-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimonW (Post 674462)
Can somebody bring some BB green rears Sunday to purchase as my parcel has not arrived?

I'll bring some Simon, I've got plenty.

craigwoods 14-07-2012 04:59 PM

Chris,
The track itself drains well, The field will be wet, but hopefully won't be too much trouble! We will see how it is in the morning.

As Colin mentioned above, depending on the conditions will depend if there is practice in the morning.

See you all tomorrow,

Chris Larner 14-07-2012 05:13 PM

Thanks for the info Craig. Sure it will be ok if it drains well.
My opinion is laugh off practice and get racing started as early as poss as think it could rain later on. If we faff about with practice and lunch etc it just increases the chance of rain messing up the finals.

empee9ine 14-07-2012 06:21 PM

Not going to be able to make it tomorrow:mad:, sorry about the late notice.

Niall Brennan

jimbobr5turbo 14-07-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Larner (Post 674533)
Thanks for the info Craig. Sure it will be ok if it drains well.
My opinion is laugh off practice and get racing started as early as poss as think it could rain later on. If we faff about with practice and lunch etc it just increases the chance of rain messing up the finals.

Me too:thumbsup:

SimonW 14-07-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcmodelweek (Post 674511)
I'll bring some Simon, I've got plenty.

Cheers.

jcb 14-07-2012 07:48 PM

Can someone local please post on here as to what the weather is like in the morning, I really need to know by 6:30am as to whether it is worth the drive.

I only ask as there has been no rain here today at all, and I don't want to drive the 200mile round trip only for it to be called off before it even starts as the field is too wet to drive on or the track is a couple of inches under water.

All being well see you in the morning but would appreciate an early heads.

lambert 14-07-2012 09:24 PM

im not far from colchester and we had a lot of heavy rain today, not sure if colchester had the same. Its been wet down here all week. I cant see the ground being anywhere near dry but if it was too bad i should imagine that the meeting would have been cancled already rather than people turn up in the morning for no reason. Thas as much help as i can give as im not getting up any earlier than i have to on a sunday just to look at the wheather :)

Mr.B 14-07-2012 09:32 PM

Jon,we've had some rain here today,but it finished around lunch time.
We have been at our track location for about 7/8 years now and i have never seen that corner under water.The local forcast is for the odd shower over night but pretty good for tomorrow.
I'll be up the track from about 7.30 in the morning and IF its bad i'll get something put on here.But i'm 99% we'll be fine.:thumbsup:
Paul.

jcb 15-07-2012 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.B (Post 674633)
Jon,we've had some rain here today,but it finished around lunch time.
We have been at our track location for about 7/8 years now and i have never seen that corner under water.The local forcast is for the odd shower over night but pretty good for tomorrow.
I'll be up the track from about 7.30 in the morning and IF its bad i'll get something put on here.But i'm 99% we'll be fine.:thumbsup:
Paul.

Sounds all ok then, blue sky and sunshine here now so see you all shortly for a top days racing :thumbsup: