oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Race Chat (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Buying and selling advice on oople (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167221)

Tayter 07-05-2015 01:37 PM

Buying and selling advice on oople

Dear All

I have listed 2 x cars and a bag of spares on this forum and have been inundated with offer to buy. I will always answer the pm's in order I receive them and have answered them quickly and given paypal details out for payment. but still no payments have been received and new offers are coming in still.

What is the buying selling etiquette on this forum, wait for payment and tell others they are sold or sell to the ones who pay the quickest on paypal ?

My gut instinct is to wait for the first offer to pay(and potentially loose a sale) but am I being to stupid and money is king ???

Your thoughts please

Ashlandchris 07-05-2015 01:44 PM

I recently did similar and tried to respond in the order of the pms. I sent an e-mail to the 1st "pm"er and asked if they could confirm request and gave paypal details. I then replied to other "pm"ers and advised that they were on my radar and I was awaiting confirmation.
In 2 instances the initial pm sender never came back to me so I moved down list.
All were very polite even if they missed out.

I am not sure of official etiquette, but your suggestion sounds ok. I may be tempted to not say they are sold until the shiny coins are in your mitts, but say "sold pending payment - I'll come back to you if it falls through"

Chesty 07-05-2015 02:58 PM

I've sold countless items over the last few years and generally most people who say they will have have something do buy it, but of course there's always some that don't ever get back to you.

I don't usually mark as sold until payment is received in case they don't buy it.

Only problem is you then get other offers which you have to reply to explaining the situation. Bit of a pain but not a big issue.

Certainly beats eBay for all concerned:thumbsup:

CHEVY 07-05-2015 03:23 PM

As chesty says I have also sold loads on oople and I have never had any problems with Paypal payments or payments

You will always get time wasters

Miggers 08-05-2015 06:37 PM

Not sold anything myself,but I have bought things on here.

My advice is to be prompt and give full information to potential punters,
if they're like me,they won't hang around for long.

F'rinstance,I recently eyed up a used car on here that the price was right
for me that had been listed for sale a few months ago and was still for sale.

I asked a question and got a reply 24 hours later,I asked another question
and got a reply that didn't give me the right information I'd asked for,again
24 hours later.

I'm afraid my patience ran out at that point and that car is still for sale.

Chequered Flag Racing 08-05-2015 07:13 PM

I always deal 1st come 1st served.

If the first one drags their heals give them a dead line. If no reply offer to the next one. Simples