oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   East of England (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   BRCA EoE - Round 6 - Democracy at work (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75124)

Benh 11-07-2011 03:26 PM

BRCA EoE - Round 6 - Democracy at work

Dear racers

Round 6 of the EoE champs was to be hosted by ARC (Abberton Raceway) in Colchester. However, whilst they are pleased to announce that work has commenced after delays in planning permission, they are concerned that they will not be ready in time and have kindly issued plenty of forward notice for the EoE to make alternative arrangements.

Two clubs have very kindly offered themselves to host round 6. So as not to be “dictatorial” on the matter – I rescind my personal opinions and open it to the vote.

Please submit your vote BY CLICKING THIS LINK
Voting closes on Wednesday (48hours) at 5pm.

The announcement of the results will be made on Wednesday night.

An email has gone out to every competitor of 2011 that has submitted an email address.

SimonW 11-07-2011 10:22 PM

A little unfair 4 to ? I'm a little more than hugely disappointed that 4 of the top 5 come from a club not holding a regional

racingdwarf 11-07-2011 11:28 PM

Right, I will have a slice of the democratic pie:bored:.

To be fair to all...and Ben. we were not voted out!!, ben made contact at the begining of the year,but the reason we were unable to be put forward for a regional before was we had no timeing gear at our track,not until recently has rob offred his services and AMB system (handy:D).Thus when ARC started to look a bit hit and miss I was able to put us forward. But as I have just pointed out to carl, we have to sort a peice of paper to:eh?:.

Now now simon, It's a bit rude to point out just how good our small number of drivers are:blush::lol::lol:

JohnM 12-07-2011 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimonW (Post 525821)
I'm a little more than hugely disappointed that 4 of the top 5 come from a club not holding a regional

Funny, I see 3 out of the top five in 2wd, and only 1 from the top 5 in 4wd come from a club not holding a regional;)

Dufty07 12-07-2011 01:37 PM

ooooooooo.

Does wishing count...........:drool:

Come on guys, ..... No more excuses, come and kick our arse's on home turf n shut us up once n for all. U KNOW U WANT TOO;->

racingdwarf 13-07-2011 03:19 PM

Hmm. well i voted, but thomas could not as the system must recognise IP address, soon as we hit the link for his vote it just thanks us for voteing:thumbdown:

Benh 14-07-2011 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racingdwarf (Post 526471)
Hmm. well i voted, but thomas could not as the system must recognise IP address, soon as we hit the link for his vote it just thanks us for voteing:thumbdown:

I am up to my eyeballs and beyond with work. Results will be up shortly (by the weekend). Dave, please can you PM me your email address;)

You're right, it's the IP address it logs, to stop multiple entries. But I'll make sure Thomas is in there.

Also, there appears to be 184 votes from an IP address range traced back to Watton. ;):lol:

racingdwarf 14-07-2011 01:41 PM

can't take that long to count 15 votes...thats about the number of people who race:lol::lol:

Benh 15-07-2011 07:56 AM

We are off to Colchester for Round 6.

Pitch forks and torches have been banned from all BRCA events. (Something Dave said to me):lol:

racingdwarf 15-07-2011 09:44 AM

yawn..:bored:.

Chesty 15-07-2011 10:25 AM

I voted Norfolk:woot: - really enjoyed the SEN up there a few years back...

Hopefully next year;)

Zipper 15-07-2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chesty (Post 527069)
Hopefully next year;)

Fingers crossed... I've never raced there and really want to. Just got to hope there will be an EoE series next year??!! Not sure who's going to take over from Mr H???

SimonW 15-07-2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racingdwarf (Post 527051)
yawn..:bored:.

+1 really am tempted not to bother! Steam is coming out of my ears and finding it hard not to post something stupid in anger.

Dufty07 15-07-2011 12:09 PM

no show

PUSSYS:thumbdown:

Well supprise supprise...................Well I hope I do well sunday so I can drop round 6.:thumbdown:
Not happy at all, Should have gone to NBC without a vote.

East of England????? Not too East though eh guys:thumbdown:

jcb 15-07-2011 12:29 PM

Before all you guys slate the regional being at Colchester perhaps you should look at it a different way round! If we (being everyone in the region who has taken part in a regional event) got our arses into gear at the start of the season a calendar with a greater mix of venues could have been chosen for the series.

In my view a good job has been made from a tricky situation.

Yes it's a shame NBC isn't on the calendar, but Colchester is a good venue and run a decent meeting.

It always amazes me the amount of comments that appear during a season, yet when the regional rep asks racers and clubs for suggestions about where to race, how many events to run and when clubs can host meetings they never get an answer so they make the best out of the situation!!

If you think you can do a better job, be the REGIONAL REP!!!!

Whats happened has, put up with it and start thinking about what you as a racer want from the series next year and perhaps it might happen.

Zipper 15-07-2011 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimonW (Post 527099)
+1 really am tempted not to bother! Steam is coming out of my ears and finding it hard not to post something stupid in anger.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dufty07 (Post 527103)
PUSSYS:thumbdown:

Well supprise supprise...................Well I hope I do well sunday so I can drop round 6.:thumbdown:
Not happy at all, Should have gone to NBC without a vote.

East of England????? Not too East though eh guys:thumbdown:

Come on guys, why does it always have to result in this?! So far, it's been a great series, great racing, great banter and most of all fun... why spoil it now.

It would have been great to have a round at NBC and I know Ben tried to sort this at the start of the season. I know Ben very well, and he is one busy lad with work but has also put in loads of time trying to put the EoE back on the map by taking on the position of EoE regional rep. Decisions are hard to make, as someone will always disagree with it... it's just the way it is.

I know you are gutted there wont be a round at NBC, and I'm sure if I was in your shoes I'd be gutted too.... but don't let it spoil what has been a good series to date.... and as JCB said, Ben H will step down at the end of the season so the role is up for grabs!! :woot:

SimonW 15-07-2011 12:51 PM

Oh well, what's done is done, Sorry Ben i know you've put alot of effort in. See you Sunday.

Chesty 15-07-2011 01:03 PM

There's no hidden agendas here:confused:

Fact is, there's not a regional at NBC because when they were organised many months ago there was only a very limited number of clubs that offered to host the series.... Hence the three rounds at Coastal.
The geography of the rounds might appear biased towards one small area, but its been through necessity & not choice:(

When Ben was faced with having two clubs offering to host the last round, what else could he do - somebody was going to end up disappointed.

Its a thankless task that he has been doing all year.

Here's hoping next year we could potentially have rounds at Coastal, NBC, Colchester, MERCC & ARC:thumbsup:

JohnM 15-07-2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chesty (Post 527131)
Here's hoping next year we could potentially have rounds at Coastal, NBC, Colchester, MERCC & ARC:thumbsup:

Christ not ARC, that place is the reason I didn't care one way or the other where round 6 was going to be, since it was supposed to be at ARC, after the trip some of us made there last year I won't go back, so I didn't bother booking the night off work, something the extended stay at Braxted shows I really need to do, so have never been planning on doing round 6.

I know it's going to be at a different place, but it'll just be the same rubbish as the other one, it put me off racing for 3 months:thumbdown:

Benh 15-07-2011 02:06 PM

Simon - no hard feelings fella. ;) We'll hook up at the weekend and you'll see why I did what I did when I did etc. Could be typed, but then it would cure insomnia and that sort of thing deserves getting paid for.:lol:

But next year, I believe there will be 6 clubs chucking their hat in the ring -
NBC
MERCC
CMCC
COASTAL
BROUGHTON
ARC

Broughton and ARC are unknown but, Barry from Broughton is keen for some of us 10th guys to go up and offer some input/feedback into their new track.

Leaving ARC out at the moment (not built yet). That's
2 - North,
1 - Mid and
2 - South clubs. :thumbsup:

Regarding the AGM and next year - I would like to call the AGM nice and early. People are still in "racing mood". Memories are still fresh from what worked and what didn't. Stowmarket seems pretty central for all involved. A140 for Norwich. A134 for Thetford. A12 and a jump for Chelmsford/ Colchester peeps.

Week of commencing Sept 26th would be good. Straight after the EoE region has won the F3,4,5 Finals!:D

I will be passing over the drivers spreasheet, log in details for Twitter, the website admin. Email account. I'll hold the domain name in place as it's hosted on my server. Direct cost to me is £6 (per year). If I transfer it, the region will need mulitples of that.

Looking forward to the weekend. Little bit of moisture and changeable conditions should keep it exciting. Nothing like changing your tyres 15seconds before the buzzer goes!