oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   SRCC - Southport (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   EASTER EGG (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125267)

SRCC 23-03-2013 08:55 PM

EASTER EGG

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...27094662_n.jpg

Gavin Collingwood 23-03-2013 09:41 PM

We need to book in?

sly 23-03-2013 10:24 PM

No need to pre book.

Jamie B4 25-03-2013 10:25 AM

Easter Egg

Si/Southport

Are you sure we dont need to prebook (or would it be better) cos think there may be quite a few people coming this weekend from what I have heard. Dont think there is much else on and practise for the national although its a way off

J

danDanEFC 25-03-2013 03:21 PM

If you haven't been to Southport before please let Eric know before hand so he has your details on the computer, to save him typing them in on the day.

We will have extra help for Eric in the day to make sure booking in goes as quickly as it can.

If people could book in as soon as they are setup that would help.

Dont forget Jamie, Eric is happiest when booking people in and he dreams of changing peoples PT numbers. :-)

Evo_Snr 25-03-2013 05:15 PM

As been said,If you are not on our database and you attending you can send your details to eric.evison@sky.com don't forget to include :-
Name / BRCA No / PT Number / Class / Ability .
You can also email me if you have changed your PT number. We are still running on RC3 system so it's only the new Purceys that won't work.

Team mad rat! 26-03-2013 03:55 PM

Easter Sunday

Hi guys. There's a few of us looking at coming over on Sunday. Never been to your track before, is there plenty of pitting space and what do you do for power? Charge off car batteries and generators? Our regular club doesn't require us to be registered with the BRCA either so non of us are members. Is this something we'd need before racing?

Thanks for ur time.

tony12795 26-03-2013 04:12 PM

Loads of pitting room (large field) you need to BRCA registered - Eric may ask you to prove you are, we all use Generators / car batteries and no mains unfortunately.

If you are coming over to play and have never raced at Southport before you really need to email Eric as above.

We have a National on the first weekend in May so you will find there are a few drives from around the Country coming along for the practice.

All the info is on: http://www.srcc.co.uk/

Tony

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team mad rat! (Post 759952)
Hi guys. There's a few of us looking at coming over on Sunday. Never been to your track before, is there plenty of pitting space and what do you do for power? Charge off car batteries and generators? Our regular club doesn't require us to be registered with the BRCA either so non of us are members. Is this something we'd need before racing?

Thanks for ur time.

TonyM 26-03-2013 04:26 PM

There will be plenty of pitting area in the field next to the track, which luckily is now firming up. The weather forecast is for a dry day, but cold and a medium wind which will bring the chill factor feeling down to around 6 degrees. So, wrap up.

Please make sure you use the entrance by the nursery buildings and not the one marked croquet club. This leads directly onto the field where you’ll see the track at the far end. If you can’t see the rostrum from the double grey metal gate then you have the wrong gate.

We are a BRCA affiliated 1/10th scale electric off-road club and run under their published guidelines. In particular, all Lipo batteries must be hard-cased. This weekend we will be running 2WD and 4WD electric buggies. You can race at Southport three times before requiring a BRCA license. However, for insurance purposes and your own peace of mind I would strongly advise becoming a member.

I’m assuming you have your own personal transponders. If not the club have a few to loan – first come, first served at a hire price of £5/transponder.

Team mad rat! 26-03-2013 05:57 PM

Easter Sunday

Yes we've all got transponders, ill get all the details and ill drop you an email. We'll see you all on Sunday then, looking forward to it. Am I right in thinking we can race without the BRCA membership this once and register after that if we come over again? Also what tyres do you guys run as we usually race indoors.

Cheers.

DanW 26-03-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team mad rat! (Post 759985)
Yes we've all got transponders, ill get all the details and ill drop you an email. We'll see you all on Sunday then, looking forward to it. Am I right in thinking we can race without the BRCA membership this once and register after that if we come over again? Also what tyres do you guys run as we usually race indoors.

Cheers.

You can race a maximum of 3 meetings without BRCA. So this once you will be ok. The exception is North-West regional meetings where BRCA membership is mandatory.

If you plane to attend regularly then it makes sense to join the club as well as the BRCA. However as others have said, BRCA membership is really well worth the few quid it costs. Have a chat with Eric on sunday. (after booking in though!)

Tyres are yellow minispikes for dry, 2WD tend to run yellow staggers on the front - normal or cut depending on how much front bite you can handle. For the wet Ballisitic greens tend to be the choice with green slim minis on the front for 2WD. Theres normally plenty of grip so other things will work but may not be quite as quick.

Evo_Snr 27-03-2013 10:17 PM

Clocks go forward

Don't forget to put your clocks forward. :p:p

danDanEFC 30-03-2013 06:16 PM

I have Tommy calling for me so I won't forget the clocks moving forward or back!

Looking forward to the racing and getting these Eggs out my house.

adamjimny 01-04-2013 05:08 PM

great racing sunday.....definetly attend there again soon

TonyM 01-04-2013 10:36 PM

Glad you enjoyed it and we look forward to racing with you again.

Cheers
Tony Mulligan
Chairman Southport Radio Car Club

adamjimny 04-04-2013 04:00 AM

yeah it convinced my mates that outdoor really is 10 times better

they have all now done their BRCA membership online and were comin this sunday too

adamjimny 04-04-2013 04:02 AM

how much is membership?

TonyM 04-04-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamjimny (Post 762518)
how much is membership?

2013 Membership is £10 Senior and £7.50 Junior. I look forward to seeing you again.