oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   TamTech-Gear (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Tamtech GT-01 (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21380)

Jelico 24-03-2009 07:11 PM

Tamtech GT-01

Does anyone here own a GT-01? I you do, can you tell me how it runs in comparison to the GB-01? Since I am really enjoying my GB-01, am thinking about adding a GT-01 into my collection before they all disappear.

Mini-JT 24-03-2009 09:09 PM

Jelico 26-03-2009 04:00 AM

Thanks, I would like to see some pics.:)

Mini-JT 26-03-2009 06:22 PM

twisty 31-03-2009 01:36 AM

Another shout for the loverly GT-01 chassis cars,the bodysets are beutifully detailed,the reverse body mounts are a superb idea.
The cars are great runners and with a set of oil filled dampers and a nice brushless/lipo set up go really very well indeed.
They are also very tough and top fun to drive.
I have a few TTG`s,
On road,both Porsche 934 Jaegermiester and Vaillant versions,a Ferrari GTO.
Buggys,Frog and a Hotshot
I love em to bits :thumbsup:

FERRETTI 16-04-2009 06:55 PM

I'm just in the middle of building my GT-01 and wondered what servos you guys are using?

twisty 17-04-2009 02:33 PM

I have just used the Tamiya ones but there was a list of others that can be made to fit easyly but i have misplaced it somewhere :cry: i`ll have another look ;)

twisty 17-04-2009 02:41 PM

Found it,

Alternative servo`s for the GT-01 are as follows,
Futaba s3101
Futaba s3102
Sanwa sdx-761
or
JR nes 321
JR ds 362

:)

FERRETTI 18-04-2009 07:40 AM

Thanks twisty, I have the list:thumbsup: I just wondered what people were using and what their experiences were.

11110111 16-07-2009 10:45 PM

sorry for the thread jack - thought it might get some better attention here than in the vintage forum i was posting in... :eh?:

so got my tamtech porsche, now needs some electrics, didnt realise that my regular gear wont fit so have to buy some new stuff £££ :cry:

for starters, need a mini servo, one of the listed above. If i get the tamiya one, that should be a straight fit into a futuba reciever right? i heard they were all made by futuba?

also - looking to go brushless with esc then maybe after a while go lipo. For a while I will likely use the tamtech battery pack, is battery life likely to be really bad with a higher speed motor? Is there anywhere to get higher capacity tamtech battery sets made?

Also, do Lipo's & Nicads need different types of speed controllers? i've been recommended a Reedy setup to go with the brushless & tamtech battery, I dont ideally wanna have to spend for another esc when i eventually decide to go Lipo

twisty - where did you get the lipo battery pack made up from?

thanks ppl :D

twisty 17-07-2009 01:06 PM

The Tamiya ones fit straight in but a tad pricey,the others need the lugs trimming off i think.
I have 2 types of lipo`s fitted in my TTG`s,the smaller one came from Dinball[RC Mart] and is listed to fit TTG`S the other ones came from Ebay,username revolutionshop i think,i had to get the measuring stick out,it was a bit tight and i had to cut a small hole in the side of the chassis to get room for the wiring to exit.
A standard RX will fit,brushless motors and speedo`s are well cheap for this scale IMO,be brave :)

PS, you can use Lipo`s with brushed motors and ESC`s[without safety cut off],just don`t run them totally flat or they die,as soon as you feel it slowing down bring it in and stop,let it cool off a bit and get some charge back in,they will be fine.

11110111 17-07-2009 04:15 PM

hmm i was looking at the Reedy set up suggested by a retailer but he's informed me it wont run with Lipo's

to be honest Twisty i might end up investing in your setup as i am getting mixed answers from most of the retailers i ask with regards to what i can and cant do!

I can't afford Lipo's quite yet, so will be using the tamtech standard battery for a while, looks like it works with both LIPO & Nicd setups

http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/autoon...24mamba25.html

also - many thanks for answering my q's, i know I have many, I do google first : ) but seem to get retailer links...

twisty 18-07-2009 01:15 PM

The problem i found with the tiny modified brushed motors is the brushes are so small they tend to burn out pretty quick.Brushless last and last.
Lipo`s for this scale are nearly as cheap as Nimh`s and with regards the retailers saying you can`t run lipo`s with brushed motors and esc`s is true if you are a nugget and keep running them untill they go completely flat,it does kill the lipo,but like i said before,if you stop running as you feel the power tailing off,they are fine.
I aint trying to sell you anything squire,been running Lipo`s for nearly 4 years now and never had any problems with them :)
I even run Lipo`s in my old Tamiya Mountaineer,that has a brushed motor and an old ESC with no safety cut off,never had a problem or killed a Lipo yet.[touch wood for luck] :D