oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   1/8th ELECTRIC Off Road (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Kyosho mp9E,Associated Rc8.2E,Losi 8ight 2.0E or Xray 808E (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86876)

Nas 30-11-2011 09:48 AM

Kyosho mp9E,Associated Rc8.2E,Losi 8ight 2.0E or Xray 808E

Hi guys i have a choice between:
Kyosho mp9e
Associated Rc8.2e
Losi 8ight 2.0e
and the Xray 808e.

I want one which is good for racing.What do you recommend? ( for the slough track) rwmcc.

I will be using a MMM combo on 4s.

Thanks.

eyeayen 30-11-2011 10:34 AM

You've had an Xray before so surely that would be the logical choice.

Out of interest why is the Serpent Cobra 811be not on the list for consideration ?

It's designed to be an electric 8th not a converted nitro. The lipo's disribute the weight better being either side at the rear and with Serpent's race pedigree I'd say that's the best car, and to my knowledge cheaper than the Kyosho too.

Nas 30-11-2011 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeayen (Post 588894)
You've had an Xray before so surely that would be the logical choice.

Out of interest why is the Serpent Cobra 811be not on the list for consideration ?

It's designed to be an electric 8th not a converted nitro. The lipo's disribute the weight better being either side at the rear and with Serpent's race pedigree I'd say that's the best car, and to my knowledge cheaper than the Kyosho too.

Honestly mate. I have only heard of Serpent once. I want to go for a company which is more popular because i know them better. Buying the serpent is a bit of a risk for me.

shortcoursegoat 30-11-2011 10:50 AM

What about the mugen eco? its a really good car. The hyper 9e or star e not bad either, i run one atm with a nitrohouse chassis. Personally im waiting for the dex408, like my desc410r so much i have to try it.

eyeayen 30-11-2011 10:51 AM

They're newer to the off road scene but they've been around making on road cars for years. Check out the blog thread on Max Bashing. One of the members has made a blog on his nitro truggy ( Serpent ), look at the quality he talks about ! Fantastic kits.

Also you have mentioned the Mugen Eco buggy which is electric. Again another superb car.

However if you want to go with something you know I would stick with the Xray, you can more than likely use some of your spares stock on it too.

I've seen an RC8 at the club I used to go to, weather it was poorly maintained or what I don't know but constant problems with steering and things coming off.

Losi, fantastic, widely used in nitro, easy to get bits for.

Kyosho, hugely strong, quite expensive though.

Xray - you know all about them already. What are people racing at your local track ? Go along and drive one, there is a huge difference to the way a nitro one handles, that's why I said the Serpent because it's set up to be an electric car, that's how it was designed so it's perfectly balanced. You need to see if you can blag a drive on each different kit, then you can decide. It's difficult going on what people on here or any other forum says because everyone will rave about their specific car being the best. And everyone's preferences are different so the way I like a car to drive will be different to how you like it. As well as how they're set up so you could even get as far as having a drive with another car and finding it's awful but it's down to how the owner has it set up.

Your choice at the end of the day. Keep us posted, I'll be interested to see what you get and how you get on with it compared to your old nitro one.

Nas 30-11-2011 03:18 PM

Hello all.

I have come to a conclusion to get the Associatad rc8.2e

why?

Because associated have got over 40 years of racing experience and the rc8 has oready won some championships in the hand of Ryan Cavalieri.
and Reece sawyer a good friend of mine changed from Team Xray to Associated rc8.2 he saying the associated was more consistent etc...

Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.

Thanks

RudeTony 30-11-2011 03:41 PM

As a matter of interest - Kyosho have won more 1/8th World Championships than ALL the other manufacturers put together.
Some room for thought eh!!

Good luck with your choice

Nas 30-11-2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RudeTony (Post 589018)
As a matter of interest - Kyosho have won more 1/8th World Championships than ALL the other manufacturers put together.
Some room for thought eh!!

Good luck with your choice

Correct, but the Kyosho is a Very expensive car and i am getting bored of its design.

eyeayen 30-11-2011 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NASIR (Post 589025)
Correct, but the Kyosho is a Very expensive car and i am getting bored of its design

But you currently race an Xray ? How are you getting bored of a car you don't own ? I don't understand that comment.

Good luck with Associated though. Keep us posted on here how it all goes and what results you're getting !

Nas 30-11-2011 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeayen (Post 589073)
But you currently race an Xray ? How are you getting bored of a car you don't own ? I don't understand that comment.

Good luck with Associated though. Keep us posted on here how it all goes and what results you're getting !

I said i am getting bored of its design. I have had 1 before. Awesome car dont get me wrong. But its too expensive,and the design never seems to change....

Will keep you guys posted.

JonyNitro 30-11-2011 08:24 PM

Try a Truggy,instead of a buggy

Nas 30-11-2011 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonyNitro (Post 589144)
Try a Truggy,instead of a buggy

I would love to . But i cant. My local track ( slough ) does not allow truggies,

JonyNitro 30-11-2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NASIR (Post 589149)
I would love to . But i cant. My local track ( slough ) does not allow truggies,

shame they are very good

Nas 30-11-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonyNitro (Post 589166)
shame they are very good

Yea ive always liked truggies.

captainlip 30-11-2011 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NASIR (Post 588898)
Honestly mate. I have only heard of Serpent once. I want to go for a company which is more popular because i know them better. Buying the serpent is a bit of a risk for me.

exactly why I avoided serpent, but after much research and reading about companys I went for serpent over durango, and im a huge durango fan.

imo serpent should be top of your list!

mines being delivered tomorrow :thumbsup:

captainlip 30-11-2011 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NASIR (Post 589007)
Hello all.

I have come to a conclusion to get the Associatad rc8.2e

why?

Because associated have got over 40 years of racing experience and the rc8 has oready won some championships in the hand of Ryan Cavalieri.
and Reece sawyer a good friend of mine changed from Team Xray to Associated rc8.2 he saying the associated was more consistent etc...

Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.

Thanks

your give these top guys any buggy they will win with it. :lol:

Nas 30-11-2011 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainlip (Post 589173)
exactly why I avoided serpent, but after much research and reading about companys I went for serpent over durango, and im a huge durango fan.

imo serpent shold be top of your list!

mines being delivered tomorrow :thumbsup:

Again. I cant afford to spend a couple of £££ on a risky job.. i am not hardcore like you :lol:

Keep us updated on your serpent...

Thanks.

captainlip 30-11-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NASIR (Post 589178)
Again. I cant afford to spend a couple of £££ on a risky job.. i am not hardcore like you :lol:

Keep us updated on your serpent...

Thanks.

explain what part you mean about it being risky? its an EXTREMELY well thoughy out and machined buggy

check out the product page and the endless list of specs and features

Nas 30-11-2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainlip (Post 589179)
explain what part you mean about it being risky? its an EXTREMELY well thoughy out and machined buggy

check out the product page and the endless list of specs and features

Risky as in the way of i have never seen it in flesh,tried it out etc... All the other cars i have seen in flesh and tried them out.

With the serpent its a bit of a gamble (personally speaking)

Thanks

captainlip 30-11-2011 09:08 PM

honestly I totally disregarded the serpent until i spent along time browsing for info on the dex408 and read about peoples experiance with the serpent, the more I looked the more I realised this was the choice to get!

with myself and a fellow member getting one you could be the 3rd on here and we can try setups

seriously read every word on this page and look at how well designed it is

http://www.serpent.com/product/600004

enjoy.....