oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mid South (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Silverstone (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9508)

Jamesd 29-03-2008 09:09 PM

Silverstone

Hi

We are booked in for Silverstone for next suday, i was wondering what time gates open and what time practice starts.

Thanks
James

pro4nut 29-03-2008 09:42 PM

practice usually starts at about 8 ish, but i am sure someone else from the region will be along later.

GPS1 30-03-2008 10:18 AM

Silverstone

Gates open from 7.30am, Booking in/Track open from 8.30am:thumbsup:

JCJC 30-03-2008 11:42 AM

Make sure you know where the track is, north west edge of the village of Silverstone, back end of the rec, football/cricket pitch, I am sure there will be markers but do not drive across the pitch.

http://www.srcmcc.com/where.html

There are speed cameras on the A43 just south of the turn for Silverstone near Syresham & Crowfield

Will there be hot food again this year ? MrGPS1

Jamesd 30-03-2008 12:16 PM

Hi

Anybody got a post code for the track

James

GPS1 31-03-2008 11:46 PM

If you use the link provided by JCJC to Silverstone club, you can now find all the answers to your questions!!

JCJC 01-04-2008 08:02 AM

Try NN12 8XA this puts you in Church Street, track entrance is between the village and West End (road name) on the north side of Church Street, on the right driving out of the village (west). Trick is not to get disorientated in the village or go to "the" track!

Maps are good on the Silverstone club site, (click the multi map ref), all the info you need except a post code, handy for gps navigation.

Weather looking good, mostly dry all week, dry at weekend but colder.

jim76 01-04-2008 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCJC (Post 108953)
Weather looking good, mostly dry all week, dry at weekend but colder.

i hope it stays that way! i hate wet grass!

Nick Goodall 01-04-2008 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim76 (Post 108970)
i hope it stays that way! i hate wet grass!

You're just scared to get your new car dirty :lol:

My Cat is still in pieces, no shocks and no rear diff at the moment - still hoping to get it going in time!

jim76 01-04-2008 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Goodall (Post 108973)
You're just scared to get your new car dirty :lol:

My Cat is still in pieces, no shocks and no rear diff at the moment - still hoping to get it going in time!

you're so right! it's sitting all shiny on my desk. finished building it last night, just need the electrics wiring in, and should have the shell sprayed courtesy of my talented friend tomorrow night!
may wrap it in bubble wrap ready for the first race!

do you have all the bits you need for the CAT?

Nick Goodall 01-04-2008 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim76 (Post 108993)
you're so right! it's sitting all shiny on my desk. finished building it last night, just need the electrics wiring in, and should have the shell sprayed courtesy of my talented friend tomorrow night!
may wrap it in bubble wrap ready for the first race!

do you have all the bits you need for the CAT?

Haha Trish gets his D4(s) tomorrow so he will be in the same boat - reckon we should get some before and after pics of your cars together before the first run in the wet long grass muhuuhuuhhaahhaa :p

I hope i've got everything i need...... i'm certainly going to give it a go - Brushless and all new belts and diffs so hopefully it will last ok!

I am fitting Associated shocks courtesy of Lee so just need to hope nothing else is wrong lol, will be checking it over on Saturday when Trish brings the brushless round :-)

jim76 04-04-2008 09:19 AM

well, the forecast for Sunday is hail showers!
Anyone know any good tyres for hail? Or been practicing their drifting on a floor of marbles?!!

spenner 04-04-2008 09:35 AM

I reckon we will be safe!!

It will be a cold day though, why couldn't today be sunday.... the sun is shining.

JCJC 04-04-2008 06:19 PM

Just noticed Silverstone have updated the web site with opening times etc, see here: http://www.srcmcc.com/outdoor_regeos.html

spenner 04-04-2008 09:17 PM

Silverstone 4wd Round 1 this sunday!!!

Please note:

Gates will open at 7am.
Food will start from 8am.

Practice will be open from 7.45am, please think of others who are looking to get some practice in as well.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES does anyone spin there wheels when entering or leaving the venue... if you are caught doing it you will pay any repair costs etc..

Track:

The track has been re-laid avoiding most of the areas still worn from the EOS finals.
The surface is all grass with some dirt areas, there will be some jumps added (If anyone has issues with these please let us know as we are looking to make the day enjoyable). The track is bumpy in places 'off-road' but not as bad as the last time.

The track will be multi-surface when you return later in the year...

Any predictions for the first mid-south regional ???

Im gonna go with a first regional win for the Kev Lee Aero....

jim76 04-04-2008 09:42 PM

if Mr Martin is running then i wouldn't bet against him. If Kev has sorted his reliability then he should push Lee all the way

jim76 05-04-2008 08:29 PM

what's the weather been like up there all day? i've had rain all afternoon :-(

JCJC 05-04-2008 08:42 PM

Chilly, patches of sunshine and ocasional light drizzle, sunny first thing, overcast lunchtime brighter later - not bad - this is Oxford, 40miles south.
easy raceable

metcheck has much the same tomorrow untill late afternoon, Jordan is one armed due to a broken collar bone, but we would be there if he could use a transmitter............

alrg500 05-04-2008 08:43 PM

Rain on and off most of the day here about 10 miles away.

Snow tommorow apparently.

ryan 06-04-2008 05:40 AM

Snow!!
Looks like im staying in bed :)