oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   North East (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Is NRX suitable for 10th racing?? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23043)

Medders 26-04-2009 04:09 PM

Is NRX suitable for 10th racing??

I would list everything I broke today, but I can't be bothered to spend an hour typing it out:thumbdown:

Mike Hudson 26-04-2009 04:20 PM

I voted No from what I heard from several racers who were there today, Apart from my lift there letting me down this was one of the few reasons that was bothering me about whether I was going to go or not.

Only my opinion as others may think otherwise but I'm quite relieved I didn't get chance to go now, I would have most likely not even had half the spares needed or money to finish the day/rebuild my car never mind getting any time to get food! Bet pete (castle models) was busy!

I know alot of hard work was put into the track/raceday and alot of organisation and hours put in from many but maybe 1/8th tracks are just not suited for 1/10th cars?

Lee 26-04-2009 04:31 PM

It really wasn't that bad, yes if you got it wrong then it was usually a big crash but it was down to driver error, there was far more broken at the players event and that was deemed an awesome track :confused:

The biggest issue was wind, the cars got caught sometimes and there was nothing that could be done. When you nailed down slopes and put together a clean lap it was very rewarding :thumbsup:

At the end of the day you learnt where to put the power down and where the bumps were, it was the same for everyone.

Mike: i also dont think your vote is valid, you cant vote against a track from hear say. Surely you can see that???

Mike Hudson 26-04-2009 04:34 PM

The players mega jump was just insane though! I know you may think my vote isn't valid as I wasn't there, as I say it's just my opinion from what people told me and what i've seen previously.

Lee 26-04-2009 04:38 PM

Mike, if you hadn't tried fish fingers and i asked do you like them? Would you say no because your mate doesn't like them?:confused:

ben 26-04-2009 04:48 PM

No it's Definatley not suitable for 1/10 scale.

I know the wind was a factor and the jumps could be taken slow. I was more concerned that the straight couldnt be driven down at speed because it was so bumpy! Being small i struggled to see some bits of the track. Im not really sure what the logs were doing in the middle of the track? Rock crawling? Was it a track for racing or endurance?
I for one will be removing my 4wd entry:thumbdown: Not sure if others will.....

Well done to Stephen for finishing and the win :thumbsup:

Richard Lowe 26-04-2009 04:50 PM

Any results?
Quote:

Originally Posted by ben (Post 234461)
Im not really sure what the logs were doing in the middle of the track? Rock crawling?

Did they leave those stupid things in!?

ben 26-04-2009 04:52 PM

Yes they did! Jim dixon snapped a corner off driving over them :lol:

Results ermm

1. lawson
2. some guy called steve
3. Kev kitchen?
4. not sure
5. pete watson maybe?
6. me :thumbdown:

Dont think anyone else finished........:confused: do the math

Medders 26-04-2009 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee (Post 234453)
It really wasn't that bad, yes if you got it wrong then it was usually a big crash but it was down to driver error, there was far more broken at the players event and that was deemed an awesome track :confused:

The biggest issue was wind, the cars got caught sometimes and there was nothing that could be done. When you nailed down slopes and put together a clean lap it was very rewarding :thumbsup:

At the end of the day you learnt where to put the power down and where the bumps were, it was the same for everyone.

Mike: i also dont think your vote is valid, you cant vote against a track from hear say. Surely you can see that???

I broke as much today on "normal" landings as I did when getting it wrong. I don't normally break much either, my driving style being steady away.

rcracer 26-04-2009 05:02 PM

Looks like a nice way to kill off a new venue before its even started, i have only raced 8th on it but i am sure they will iron out any problems, i have heard alot of work as been put into it allready and surely it can only get better..

ben 26-04-2009 05:04 PM

But you havent run a 1/10 scale round there Neil :confused:
Hasnt the track been there 2 years???

Medders 26-04-2009 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcracer (Post 234472)
Looks like a nice way to kill off a new venue before its even started, i have only raced 8th on it but i am sure they will iron out any problems, i have heard alot of work as been put into it allready and surely it can only get better..

Were you there today mate? Ironing out the whole track may be good start.

ben 26-04-2009 05:06 PM

The astro needs to be joined properly..

Lee 26-04-2009 05:10 PM

The logs could be taken flat out, I gave my 4wd a run after the meeting and was able to triple the 2 sets of triples, no bother. :thumbsup:

One thing i did notice though was people who were making the mistakes lap after lap were not learning from them.:confused:

If you hit a bump don't drive over it again and complain you crashed, it's all about knowing your limits, some people run out of talent sooner than others.

Medders 26-04-2009 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee (Post 234484)
The logs could be taken flat out, I gave my 4wd a run after the meeting and was able to triple the 2 sets of triples, no bother. :thumbsup:

One thing i did notice though was people who were making the mistakes lap after lap were not learning from them.:confused:

If you hit a bump don't drive over it again and complain you crashed, it's all about knowing your limits, some people run out of talent sooner than others.

If only we were all as talented as you Lee :lol:

rcracer 26-04-2009 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben (Post 234474)
But you havent run a 1/10 scale round there Neil :confused:
Hasnt the track been there 2 years???

Like i said i have only run a 8th on it that is why i havent voted and i mean a new venue added to the regionals.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medders (Post 234475)
Were you there today mate? Ironing out the whole track may be good start.

Well if i was i'm sure you would have seen my big smelly noisy car going round :rolleyes: btw i can have a opinion :p

Lee 26-04-2009 05:17 PM

I never said i was, but its about knowing where you can go quick and where to back off.

Northy didn't jump all day and ran a gash car for qualifying. You have a choice, only jump if you think you can land it. If i had broken my car as much as people are saying i would be taking my time round the track to try and get a time in. I think i look like im taking my time anyway, thats the way i roll :lol:

Medders 26-04-2009 05:21 PM

The jumps were very inconsistent (not helped by the wind) even when taken steadily.

Lee 26-04-2009 05:26 PM

If you hit them at the wrong angle or in the wrong area, if you tried different lines it was possible to make them more consistent.

I used a borrowed car today, and ran mini pins from worksop and managed to make the A but in round 1 i set the fastest lap by over half a second and i was far from the fastest driver there, i just managed to get it all together on that lap.

Richard Lowe 26-04-2009 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee (Post 234493)
i just managed to get it all together on that lap.

Only one? :lol: