oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mansfield RC Club (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Help needed please (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134004)

spybot 05-08-2013 09:23 PM

Help needed please

Just bought speed passion reventon pro + competition v3 5.5t combi, after calibrating the esc the motor wont work. I been advised that it is a regular problem & could be down to the motor being fault (even though it's brand new) have been told to try another motor to see what happens. The problem there is I don't have another motor so I would like to ask if there is a club member who lives near to Oak tree lane that can either pop round to mine & help or allow me to bring esc & motor to theirs to test. If anyone can help please give me a pm

Thanks for any help given

Michael

:cry:

john333 05-08-2013 10:16 PM

I don't live in Mansfield anymore, if no one can help you out before just bring it all to the club on Wednesday night.

Muzzie 06-08-2013 09:31 AM

I live near you but can't get to you tonight..

If you come to Mansfield on Wed I have a SP 7.5 motor you can try.

I have a SP Reventon R and the motor for sale (£65), thats if you still have issues an return it.

Try flashing the firmware, I had to do that the first time I used it.

gaz1318 06-08-2013 02:37 PM

try putting your transmitter throttle to reverse and calibrating the esc up again this might help cheers let me know how it goes cheers gareth

spybot 06-08-2013 03:08 PM

Tried everything possible Esc calibrates as it should, powers up ok, Troubleshooter says it could be a bad battery connection or receiver wire so i changed receiver wire, unsoldered & re-soldered everything, used Smart LCD program box to try resetting ESC to default & tried every firmware update it offers, re-calibrating & trying it out after every change but no luck. Unfortunately can't get this week. If there's anyway of testing things another day or evening please PM me, Rich Stain can vouch for me as not being some time wasting pillock have known him since my father and I started Mansfield Car Racing many many years ago.

PaulFarrand 06-08-2013 03:25 PM

Have you tried replacing the sensor cable. The one that came with my combo was faulty. Soon as I replaced it, recalibrated, worked fine.

spybot 06-08-2013 04:07 PM

New sensor wire should be delivered with 2moro mornings post.

lesles 06-08-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaz1318 (Post 794522)
try putting your transmitter throttle to reverse and calibrating the esc up again this might help cheers let me know how it goes cheers gareth

Friend of mine had same with that set up it was as garath says it was doing his head in but this solved it good luck

spybot 12-08-2013 07:23 PM

Finally got things sorted. Had done what gaz1318 suggested or so I thought, I stupid didn't look at the labels on my transmitters reversing switches just assumed the one under the throttle was for throttle & the one under steering was for steering - WRONG!!!

Realized my mistake reversed the correct channel, re-calibrated ESC & hey presto worked 1st time.

Feel a lot of an ass but I've learnt from it & that's what's important. Others should learn from my mistake as well, look at labels don't make assumptions about anything & you'll get things sorted a lot quicker and with less hair pulling out & shouting.

dicky14 12-08-2013 09:21 PM

:woot: it's not like you have a lot of hair to pull out Mike LOL:thumbsup:

gaz1318 12-08-2013 11:04 PM

glad i could help hope to see you down at mansfield soon

spybot 13-08-2013 08:27 AM

Didn't say I was pulling the hair out of my head or even that it was my hair I was pulling out did I Rich? Our lass is fuming now she's bald lol

spybot 13-08-2013 08:31 AM

Thanks to everyone for their help especially Muzzie what a star :thumbsup: