oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ansmann Racing (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   is new ansmann pro-x an rb5 clone? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25427)

Timee80 09-06-2009 08:30 PM

is new ansmann pro-x an rb5 clone?

As per title. Looks very similar if not. Has anybody had one near an rb5 to see?:confused:

budgio 09-06-2009 08:46 PM

It is NOT a clone
its got a lot of simularities looks wise but i cant see many RB-5 parts fitting.
(got an rb-5 next to me)
different chassis,wishbones,shock towers etc

Si Coe 09-06-2009 08:52 PM

TBH Ansmann don't make clones. None of their stuff is highly original, its all based of somebody elses product but its never identical. More 'very heavily inspired'......

bert digler 09-06-2009 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by budgio (Post 252010)
It is NOT a clone
its got a lot of simularities looks wise but i cant see many RB-5 parts fitting.
(got an rb-5 next to me)
different chassis,wishbones,shock towers etc

does anyone know if the cheapo car is different material to the pro x as theres 80 quid difference for a set of bearings and ally shocks:confused:oh and some turnbuckles

joelwhite 09-06-2009 08:54 PM

Since there has been no real innovation in 10th scale 2wd chassis in a long time they all really look the same as fas as design go.But all seem to work a little differently and be good at different aspects of driving

budgio 09-06-2009 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bert digler (Post 252016)
does anyone know if the cheapo car is different material to the pro x as theres 80 quid difference for a set of bearings and ally shocks:confused:oh and some turnbuckles

And tyres :thumbsup:

Not sure about the pro x but the madrat plastic seems ok to me,the only floppy plastic on it is the gear cover

DCM 09-06-2009 09:11 PM

I don't think you could confidently say... it hasn't been based on the RB5, it has, but really, how many options are there, for 2wd these days.

jasonrcb 10-06-2009 05:26 AM

What are the chances of the rb5 brass bulkhead fitting,as that would be a good option for front end weight

Funkymojo 10-06-2009 06:01 AM

The Ansmann PRO-X is not an RB5 clone. Looks like this buggy is made by an OEM company in china cause i've seen the exact PRO-X buggy marketed under another different name called Team C Racing...

DCM 10-06-2009 06:24 AM

Funky is right, and they do an alloy frunt bulkhead, with a brass insert, and a bress battery tray liner.

terry.sc 10-06-2009 09:53 AM

So there's already a few option parts that will fit this :D
http://www.teamcracing.net/index_pro...1&imgid=517711

Jamie.T 10-06-2009 10:07 AM

The team C tc02/tc02t is NOT available to the uk and neither is its parts or upgrades.

However all the upgrade parts listed for the team C cars will be available shortly under the Ansmann racing uk name.

I will post when i know the prices and availability.

Jamie.....

jimmy 10-06-2009 10:10 AM

Awesome stuff - they look like good well thought out upgrades. Not just a bunch of alloy wishbones etc.

peetbee 10-06-2009 10:15 AM

I like the brass battery tray, that's been well thought out for lipo:thumbsup:

Funkymojo 10-06-2009 10:21 AM

Judging from the pics from the link below...yes it is confirmed that the Team C Racing buggy is the same buggy as the PRO-X

http://www.precisionrc.com/nv/car/pr...oduct_id=56290

Jamie.T 10-06-2009 10:46 AM

The Ansmann x-pro and the team C tc02 is the same car and is made by the same factory. It is sold in the far east under the Team C name and under the Ansmann racing name for the uk market.

Hope this clears that up, not that it makes any difference as team C will never be available to the uk. lol

Jamie......

Darren Boyle 10-06-2009 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomj316 (Post 252207)
Hope this clears that up, not that it makes any difference as team C will never be available to the uk. lol

Jamie......

Jamie never say never!! CML said that about "Duratrax/LRP/Anderson etc" when they created the FTX brand and introducsed the Blaze, yet Duratrax stuff was everyhwere in the UK and now LRP sell the same thing in the UK too.

There may well be (and hopefully for Ansmann IS) a binding contract in place, but trust me, someone, somwhere, will bring it in (probably through a back door and not officially) since nothing in this business is ever "safe" from grey importing etc or even from the likes of Ebay sales.......

The more succesful your car becomes the more likely the chance that "Team C" will pop up in the UK.....

Chrislong 10-06-2009 11:49 AM

Hmmm, im more interested now. Want a Kit and all upgrades.... :thumbsup:

Jamie.T 10-06-2009 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMS Racing (Post 252212)
There may well be (and hopefully for Ansmann IS) a binding contract in place, but trust me, someone, somwhere, will bring it in (probably through a back door and not officially) since nothing in this business is ever "safe" from grey importing etc or even from the likes of Ebay sales.......

Something your looking into perhaps?...lol

Judging by the reviews so far, this car will be popular, and your probably quite right darren, someone will bring it in at some point.

Jamie@Ansmann

DCM 10-06-2009 01:35 PM

Sorry, pop Darrens bubble, but I have already emailed Team C, about getting the upgrades in, as a private buyer, and they point blank refused to sell them, and told me, Ansmann deals with their products, under the Ansmann name, in the UK....

There are, however, more upgrades in the pipeline....