oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bury Metro (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Sunday 24th April (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68880)

minke 24-04-2011 03:32 PM

Sunday 24th April

Bit of sweeping was required before we could start and there was a software issue with the lap timing, but still had a great day.

Thanks guys

Stotty 24-04-2011 04:17 PM

Brilliant first time out at bury. Abit of work to clear the sand. Guna be an amazing track.
Lots of help from the lads with setup advice, cheers :D
Hopfully can get my 22 sorted for next raceday after breaking a wishbone And having bald tyres. ;(

Cheers lads.

Whiskers 24-04-2011 06:20 PM

Great weather today to make a good day even better! The track was great and there was some close racing as well, shame I stripped my spur gear but it will be better once the sand has gone.

budfish 24-04-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiskers (Post 493896)
Great weather today to make a good day even better! The track was great and there was some close racing as well, shame I stripped my spur gear but it will be better once the sand has gone.

My spur was stripped in 2 batterys mate!!!
The sand is way to course:thumbdown:

Si Coe 24-04-2011 10:34 PM

Strangely sand didn't seem to bother the Bmaxes.

Too much motor bothered my truck, and crappy Bluebird servo's bothered my RC10 though. Seriously p!$$ed that I have a brand new servo die after less than 10 mins running.

Johnny - I'll be needing them 6000's back so don't 'Johnny' them. Using 2 packs of them should save me having to recharge at the track, thereby getting around the lack of mains electric.

Hopefully Rog can sort the slight 'glitches' in the timing system.

minke 24-04-2011 10:45 PM

Yeah its strange, had virtually no sand in my bmax when I got home. Plenty in my shoes though.

I have 1 slight mark in the spur teeth where a stray grain got in, otherwise its fine.

Whiskers 25-04-2011 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by budfish (Post 493933)
My spur was stripped in 2 batterys mate!!!
The sand is way to course:thumbdown:

So was mine! and the pinion was dead as well :thumbdown:

The race controller 25-04-2011 08:26 AM

Sorted

Quote:

Originally Posted by Si Coe (Post 494009)
Strangely sand didn't seem to bother the Bmaxes.

Too much motor bothered my truck, and crappy Bluebird servo's bothered my RC10 though. Seriously p!$$ed that I have a brand new servo die after less than 10 mins running.

Johnny - I'll be needing them 6000's back so don't 'Johnny' them. Using 2 packs of them should save me having to recharge at the track, thereby getting around the lack of mains electric.

Hopefully Rog can sort the slight 'glitches' in the timing system.

As usual, it was me. Something simple staring me in the face. Sorry.

Si Coe 25-04-2011 08:31 AM

That might have been the cause for the handouts, but for my PT it has to have been the wire you had to change on the loop. Next time I'll try it back on the chassis where it belongs and see if it works there with the better wire.

The race controller 25-04-2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Si Coe (Post 494055)
That might have been the cause for the handouts, but for my PT it has to have been the wire you had to change on the loop. Next time I'll try it back on the chassis where it belongs and see if it works there with the better wire.

I'm going to work on the wire. Going to try and make our own black box.

johnnygibbon 25-04-2011 10:15 AM

Bet you can make a minter in your magic kingdom Of a shed Rog
Reckon we got a real nice track now
A few bits of work and were back on it

chatts#725 25-04-2011 04:10 PM

Gutted I've missed the first day out, been running my caddy round the nurburgring, seems no matter how hard I try my 78bhp just won't keep with them porsche gt2 rs things. Could have been all my camping gear in the back I recon. Catch you all soon at goshen...

BillyB 25-04-2011 05:02 PM

Top day lads no damage to the mighty antique known as the b44, sand what sand ha ha, gonna take a bit of time to get rid it all a reckons, first meet is gonna be awesome rog!!!

captainlip 26-04-2011 09:40 PM

And the wrongo posted most laps of the day!....

To much sand destroyed pinion and spur and it ruining a second set!