oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Stotfold MCC (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Winter Series Info (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82698)

Huckster522 09-10-2011 10:50 PM

Winter Series Info

Just a quick note for all those attending the Stotfold winter series.

Hot food and drinks will be available to buy this year [Please see post below – Dunc], starting at 8.30am and finishing at 2.00pm.

So bacon rolls for breakfast and burgers for lunch, teas, coffees and i believe cold drinks too, and all at very reasonable prices.

So leave the cold boring sandwiches at home and sample some freshly cooked BBQ food.

See you all there.

Adrian

Dunc 10-10-2011 10:15 AM

Just to add to Adrian's post: whilst we hope to have food available at all rounds of the Winter Series, only round one is confirmed so far.

We'll keep you all posted regarding subsequent availability.

RudeTony 10-10-2011 10:48 AM

Bacon rolls for me and Dave at around 8.30 sounds spot on! :)

gainsy 10-10-2011 11:50 AM

What time is the racing starting on sunday?
Bacon roll for me please :D

DaSloth 10-10-2011 01:11 PM

Is ketih going to have his apron on? :woot:

InsideLineModels 10-10-2011 05:33 PM

Great news Adrian, I'll be there first thing!

Sorry for the hijack but figured it fitted under the heading of 'winter series info'.... I'll be there with the shop this Sunday should anyone need anything. I'll have a good supply of schumacher tyres with me (and ballistics should anyone want to stock up). You can pre order on the website and select track pickup if you prefer and I'll bring it along.

Cheers
Kev

Skye 10-10-2011 07:04 PM

It's quite likely that there will be a spare place in the 4wd for this Sunday. I had hoped to be running both 2wd and 4wd but unless the new Lazer is out in time to get it built for Sunday then I will be 2wd only. I will give it until Thursday and if there is no sign of a car then I will pull out of 4wd so the reserves can get in (think it was Alec as first reserve)

Huckster522 10-10-2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InsideLineRacing (Post 564999)
Great news Adrian, I'll be there first thing!

Sorry for the hijack but figured it fitted under the heading of 'winter series info'.... I'll be there with the shop this Sunday should anyone need anything. I'll have a good supply of schumacher tyres with me (and ballistics should anyone want to stock up). You can pre order on the website and select track pickup if you prefer and I'll bring it along.

Cheers
Kev

To let everybody know, it will be Shane's grandma "Margaret" who will be providing the food for us all.
I will still be trying to get my 15y/o belt driving pile of old losi around the track as usual.

Adrian

Adam F 10-10-2011 09:04 PM

Whats the chances of additional heats being held this sunday to cater for the reserve drivers?

Didn't realise it would book up so quick, so if there is no chance of racing I need to sort something else out....

Adam F 11-10-2011 07:30 PM

Anyone?:)

Dunc 11-10-2011 07:53 PM

I shall try to get in touch with Keith to check.

Quote:

Originally Posted by x313 (Post 565120)
Whats the chances of additional heats being held this sunday to cater for the reserve drivers?

Didn't realise it would book up so quick, so if there is no chance of racing I need to sort something else out....

Skye 12-10-2011 08:40 AM

Just withdrew from the 4wd this weekend as the Lazer isnt out till next week now so if you were near the top of the reserves list then check the site to see if you have made it in? :thumbsup:

Dunc 12-10-2011 10:45 AM

I have now spoken to Keith who has confirmed we will not be putting on additional heats simply to accommodate those people on the reserve list.

Having said that, if we end up with a partial heat or two after booking in those with a guaranteed place then reserves will be used to fill those heats. This is because it won't impact on the length of the meeting. Clearly, this depends entirely on who turns up on the day.

With all this in mind, can I ask again that those who are no longer able to attend withdraw their entry here. Thanks.

Adam F 12-10-2011 12:22 PM

Unfortunately its a two hour round trip for us, so not really an option...

Thanks anyways..

gainsy 12-10-2011 12:30 PM

I am having to pull out from the 2wd this weekend :(
Gutted but no sign of new esc so im out
Will withdraw my entry in a minute
Good luck to you all, hope the weather stays nice for it

SimonW 13-10-2011 08:38 PM

Was gonna do both but have withdrawn from 4wd to let someone else have a race. Lucky for Alec.

tyreman 14-10-2011 03:04 PM

Is there a control tyre this year, can't seem to find anything about it??

Skye 14-10-2011 03:09 PM

What time does it all start on Sunday?

I see the important times have been listed, the time that the bacon and burgers start getting served.... :D

.... but what time is the track open for practice, qualifying etc?

Also ditto the tyre question ^^

spenner 14-10-2011 04:26 PM

Schumacher mini spikes only....

The Chef 15-10-2011 11:47 AM

Is this on tomorrow and is there any spaces?

Thank you.