View Single Post
Old 17-10-2006
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

There's some good points you've said there Jimmy, but in all the years i raced not once did Losi / Associated etc turn up at a big meeting with a one off car....

I guess what I mean is that surely if they knew they could make a quicker car by not worrying about Shocks, location of cells, wheel offsets etc they would have at least done it for a Worlds or Euro's just to get the result?

I remember the XX-4 when Kevin Moore first ran it in 1996, even though it was a prototype and could have had anything on it, was still overall the same as the standard car that followed.....

Sorry, i know i sound really down on the whole thing but my head just says it can't be possible unless you've got some great idea before you attempt this sort of thing?

For me the most advanced / revolutionary car for years is still the Predator - if anyone knows about Motocross suspension they will "get" the Predator a lot more as it's the only R/C car with fully progressive suspension, very similar to the way a motocross rear shock works on their Pro-link set-up (they used to all run Twin shocks like we do)!