View Single Post
Old 17-10-2006
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to BenG Send a message via MSN to BenG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
I think you are right there nick, but the reason AE or LOSI might not run wildly different cars is possibly for the same commercial reasons. Losi don't want to see their drivers hacking up a chassis to place the cells differently (or whatever), because that will make people think they have to do that to make it work - and they will sell less.
You have to balance that out with getting better results from running "special cars" I guess. I think as the industry has matured and these companies are now owned by even bigger "money machines" - selling the car is the main focus, and you have to "appear" to win with the car you sell.

I think the things these big companies do are just less visible, most of the time you only see what they WANT you to see. RCCA is a classic for their "spy shots" I think, they just happen to get a shot of the latest AE or LOSI item when its being secretly tested just prior to launch.
And hence forth springs a car that may be comprimised, as their R&D departments believe that more people use a 6cell combination, and so develop their optimimum comprimise btween appeal to buyers, performance and value. Thats where my car comes in, as previously said, I am not governed by needing to sell it, as for now its only project, should it be good then i can sell it.

At the end of the day, any car is a comprimise, between my previously mentioned factors.

But, I want peoples views on their 'dream' car to see if we can break the moulds( no pun intended) and create a design that appeals to people because of its originality, not because it has blue bits, is raced by Neil Cragg, and has a factory team supporting it.