View Single Post
Old 22-06-2008

Send a message via AIM to EDS Send a message via MSN to EDS Send a message via Yahoo to EDS

. I still don't have a new sheet of G10 for the new chassis but I am getting close to ordering it. In the mean time I have been working on finishing up the hubs and started work on the a-arm mounts. The original plan was to send drawings to my friend in California for him to make me mounts out of aluminum. After looking at the plans I figued that they would be accurate enough for him to build them and for them to fit with out me modifiying them. Also the alumium would make the mounts very heavy and perhaps too strong. So after many hours of ideas , designing and modifying I came up with these:

They fit under the differentials like this...

These actually took quiet awhile to make and still need to be perfected. The pivot ball housings are cut off of NTC3 hub carriers. I had to drill holes in the them for two long screws to go through the whole thing on each end of each housing. The screws clamp together all the compartments to hold the pivot balls in place. In order to make sure the caps did not get over tightened which would prevent the pivot balls to move freely I put spacers under the caps. I even had to grind the spacers down so they would fit. Overall I am very pleased with this set-up and I am excited to hook it up to a-arms.

The other parts I have been working on are the hub carriers. For the front and rear I had to figue out the spaceing with the cvds. In the front I used a 4mm brushing on the inside of the carrier and a small washer and Cone washer on the outside creating just enough room for the pin to go through the axle. With the rear hubs I made slight modification to the pivot ball holes so that they would allow for more travel. I also filed down the top of the hubs where the turnbuckle screws in to make it flat instead of having it be slanted down. I won't be using traditional ball cup turnbuckle ends but instead screw in types. I just hate having to pop on and off the ball cups. I also hate when they pop off in the middle of a bash session or a race. For the spacing I had to file down the 4mm brushings to be more like 2mm. What a pain. Then I put Associated aluminum axle spacer on the outside.

Front Hubs:

Rear Hubs:

The rear a-arm mounts, Hubs,and Differential posing:

Peace,
Ethan
Team Kassanova