View Single Post
Old 23-06-2009
oOple Advertiser

Good morning all
I am sure that TT, DC, RR and myself really do this to ADD an atmosphere to the meetings and yes to have a laugh for everyone as well.....some points have been made on volumes, irrelevant comments through a race etc but it has to also be understood that we are sometimes TOLD to ask for people and make announcements and so on......I myself don't like it done over a race either and I agree it should be between races......I will amend this when I get on the mic as I am sure that TT, DC RR (if he is there) will do as well but also need to point out that the BRCA tells us not to speak so much between races as timekeeping control that runs the meeting has to speak to the drivers for time starts etc. It can become difficult to get the blend right and we can only try harder to achieve this…… I also apologise to anyone that I may of put off in any way.....certainly not my intention, I think that everyone knows that…..
I probably won't be commentating at Southport, I can't make the Stotfold National and I think a special commentator may be at Blyth so once the BRCA official decide which direction they want to go then maybe the future will be bright to keep the great atmospheres going for the Nationals.
Finally for those that asked me, emailed me etc, why I didn't commentate the last leg of the main ‘A’ final 4wd - I have no answer yet, I was asked not to......maybe I am louder than the 747 and that's why!!! - Who Knows?
I also think the more comments posted here the better as this gives any commentator a chance to hear for themselves what people like or don’t like……not to mention the BRCA officials read these posts as well……constructive criticism or praise is all good for making it even better…..laters all