Thread: Help?
View Single Post
Old 22-02-2007
Spends too long on oOple ...

I never scour the inside anymore, I have tried it but find it dulls the finish of the paint. I don't beleive any of my shells have colour flake issue's either. All I do is use piping hot water out the tap, rinse inside the shell, then, Fairy liquid (not the cheap stuff) and a sponge side of a scourer, and sponge the whole of the inside of the shell, it degreases the shell lovely and leaves a pristine surface for the paint to adhere to. Rinse out with hot water, shake off the water and dry with a tea towel.

When it comes to masking inside, wash your hands with fairy liquid, it removes all the grease from your hands and means you don't leave any oil contaminents on the inside of the shell, and should be good for the whole masking process (unless you sweat like a rapist).

When it comes to spraying, the first coat, I always think, is the most important, and should just be a light dusting (slightly warming the aerosol in warm water helps this), allow to dry or blow warm air over it, then when you think it is dry, do the next thin layer.

Also, it is always worth remembering to mask the light area so the dark can be sprayed first, and either backed with black (to deepen the colour), silver (to enhance the colout) or white (to brighten the colour).

Hope that helps a little.