Thread: Mid East AGM
View Single Post
Old 24-11-2009

Default Silly opinion pole??? Don't shoot the message boy!!

I don't quite know what I am supposed to do here. I ask people for their opinion at a club meeting. I also ensure that it is only those who have an interest in mid east regionals. I report the answers and feelings as a representive of those members. As chairman of the club it's what I feel should do. I don't have the timescale to try and talk to every member individually so I use the best method open to me and their opinions and my methods are simply ridiculed on here probably because they don't agree with some other persons thoughts.

If it was the opinion of the people I spoke to was diferent then perhaps there would be no comments such as "silly opinion pole."

My silly opinion pole gave drivers a chance to voice their views which I then passed on. Not all drivers are going to be able to attend this meeting in Grantham so I feel it important to have a feeling of what they want before I attend. We don't all go to parliament to express our opinion, we have reps to do this for us, there called MP's.

Again, I am quite saddened that I have to be ridiculed for simply trying to guage an opinion from my members. I couldn't think of a better way in the timescale we had. I feel some people should grow up, and listen to the opinions of other drivers instead of trying to ram theirs down everyone elses throats. Everyone has a right to their own opinion, and I am trying to give all my interested club members a chance to voice theirs through me. More fool me! Perhaps I shouldn't bother next time and live with the consequences.

Alan