Thread: 2wd Proto - CR2
View Single Post
Old 13-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipside View Post
Hey Danny, how much do you want your car to weigh in total?

I like the idea of low weight, but not all the weight in the chassis as you are not able to move it around anymore. The weight balance (front vs rear) of a car is quite important, and with all weight in the chassis I bet there is quite some % on the front wheels which will make it harder in low grip situations.

Think the alu chassis is ideal, with added weight under the gearbox. Or maybe a narrow alu plate as a chassis with larger graphite sidepods so you have a weight in between the alu and graphite chassis, but the heavier parts are more central. Wish I had the tools to make this stuff myself to try it out :-)
Well mine now comes in at 1628 i think. But i have quite a bit of weight added. The Carbon one is 1726 and to be honest i think that was still better the last time i used it. Im still having a play about really.

I think ideally it would be around the 1680 -1700 mark and then i can a little bit if necessary.

Im quite lucky i guess as i work as a design engineer i have have the chace to use the mill lathe etc just a pain at the moment i dont have the time