View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfish View Post
Some good ideas and some not so good. I love the height of the rostrum and think it's a good use of the dead space on top of the container that we use for storage.as for wheel chair access I must say that even with a ramp it would have to be huge to get the angle to somthing we can push a wheel chair up it's just not feesable. Do we have a member of the club who is in a wheelchair? I've seen a bloke at chadderton who is in a wheel chair. Is he a member?

I'm sure we could rig something up for him or who ever is In a wheel chair but we could do with knowing if any people in a wheel chair want to attend our summer season.

Obviously any changes or decissions to be made to the track should be either the topic off a meeting for the bury club members or a ballet. As it is all about the members and what we want. Again I refer to last summer when some meetings was only attended by 6 racers.

Buds
It`s good news you old track is being renewed and all that, but at Southport we have one member who is in a chair and we have made a sizeable effort for him to race and built him a rostrum/ramp/platform. i do know he asked last year if any of the other north west clubs if there was facilities for him to race but none had, including southport.
He didn`t do the north west regional series in full cos of this and his own wooden platform (18" high) is very bulky to move.
I`m sure he would like to do the regionals this year.
It would also look good to the council that you catering for everyone who races if you where to ask for this facility to be included in the plans.

Hope, and don`t mean to offend anyone by posting on your thread, but just adding input to help the north west clubs.
Si.

It was once said to me, if you light the blue touch paper you need to stand well back[/CENTER]