View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010

Ok, thanks guys some useful feedback there.

Radio - Are the guys that are running 2.4Ghz running the mid to top level units rather than the bottom end £60 sets? I've heard of range limitation problems compared to standard kit. Think I've only ever had interfearance once on my old kit (funnily enough at EPR when someone turned on their tranny in the car park during practice time to run their car around and smashed mine into the fence flat out at the end of the straight (anti-clockwise), took out my front kick up plate/mount and a wishbone, doh! I guess 2.4Ghz would stop this in the future.

Car - Will probably hold out for the Cougar.

Motor/ESC - Sounds like 7.5 (or 6.5 trimmed down a bit) is the order of the day then, think I'll have a look around and see what local good 2nd hand units I can source.

Batts - Without a doubt will probably be a couple of LiPo Units, most of you guys running Corrally connectors or Dean's these days? (What ever happened to the old silver LRP ones we used to run? )

Charger - Think I'm settled on that Orion unit as it seems reasonably future proof.

Thanks all.

-Paul, I'll see if I can put a pick of my old car up, people would probably recognise that more than me.