View Single Post
Old 15-03-2010
oOple Advertiser

The Shark will always be the chosen car at National and Club level unless something else comes along that's better. The only BRCA rule change that might happen (that would effect anything) would be allowing the longer shark (like Chris Hampson's) to compete in it's normal length so you don't have to modify it. It's taken 5 years to get the national micro scene to this stage, they are not going to take a backward step and ban the best car or bring in some rule that outlaws modified or brushless motors. The Shark is basically a wider Blaze, anyone can buy the parts to widen their stock Blaze but it works out far more expensive than buying a standard Shark.

Banning things or making complicated rules in a new class is never a good thing to do. Clubs should get the numbers interested and competing first and then merely tweak the rules a bit to suit everyone at the club.

Imagine someone coming down to Bedford on a Friday with their son/daughter and thinking this would be fun. They buy a couple of cars and on the first night they are told their wings are too big or their ride height is too low !!!!!!

Ride height on a track with no carpet is a benefit (higher car = more role/grip) so nobody would run it too low and if they did, it doesn't matter anyhow as there's no carpet to ruin !!!!!

Keep the rules to a minimum and you'll keep the interest at the club or the numbers will dwindle as people get bored trying to keep up with the rules.

Trust me, the BRCA rules for the micro scene will not change much and the winning car next season will still be the Shark, i'll bet my TRF511 that it won't be a Maverick Atom with a brushed motor in it.