View Single Post
Old 15-03-2010

Send a message via MSN to BRS

Raced at Pendle yesturday with the MBX6e after the practise and testing there last sunday. Track was perfect condition and it was a top day. I'd plugged into the laptop day before and changed the throttle profile from linear to the next one up a more aggressive one. Mistake... it was too aggressive I ended up dialing in 20% neg expo on the radio to get some control back as I was fighting the rear out the turns.
After using what seemed like about 250mah/min I turned down the throttle end point to 90% as it was plenty quick enough and ran some more qualys. The smaller batteries I ordered havent arrived yet so I was looking to try and do 20min final on the 5S 5000mah Zippy pack.

I qualied 2nd behind Crompy and just rolled up to the grid no warm up laps. After thinking I couldnt make the distance I was able to do 4 extra laps at the end and still pull in with juice left. What I have to get used to is the difference in power from the start of the race to the end. After about 8min the power noticably drops of and you have to use alot more stick to achieve the same results. I thought after 10min I would never finish but it was just this drop off in performance as the voltage drops I guess. Fully charged Lipo = 22volt x 1700kv = 35700rpm as it gets towards fully flat that will drop a good 6000rpm. I charged the pack later and it took 4777mah so plenty including the warm down laps. Motor was 60c and Esc 65c at the end will no major ventilation holes in the body...

Anyway finished in 2nd behind Crompy results are here if you are interested
http://www.pdmcc.co.uk/current-season/

Also its a strange feeling driving 20min without stopping for fuel