View Single Post
Old 28-04-2010
Mad Member

It isn't a heated debate. I don't know who hides behind all these handles on this forum, but some of the so-called advice isn't helpful. Like Mad Wolfie i'll tell you my background - 35 years racing RC, most of it 12th, one of the people invited to the 12th Tech-in day on 22nd May, and more experience of the latest 12th technology than most, having raced it at National level all season!

You need a link car, 1S LiPo and a 13.5 or 10.5 motor. A mini-servo (Futaba 9602 or 9650), BL speedo (of which Tekin RS is the most popular in 12th because it is the most suitable) mini receiver and booster (TQ or similar).

If you want to do that cheaper, then substitute the motor for a 19T BR (of which the Corally Black stand-up is the best) and the speedo for a good BR one (of which an MRT is the best.

I can also give you all my set-ups for tyres and bodies.

As for the car, any of them will work. Try to get a CRC GenXL, AE RC12R5.1 or V-Dezign. None will come cheap because they are the cars to have at the moment. Trev's advice is best - get yourself up to Chesterfield and have Trev talk you through it. If I'm there, you can have a go on the sticks. HTH