Thread: Which Buggy?
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
Kyosho i've heard mixed results. Damn expensive no one can deny. Online support in terms of spares is pretty good (apexmodels from what i can see). Set-up support though i really can't see any on the web but trackside they're just as friendly and helpful like all the teams.
There is the misconception of the price of Kyosho, and I do understand why, as the TKI is damn expensive. But people forget about the Racing, which is what I am using, and it is no lesser car than say a Losi Eight or Xray 808 in terms of spec from the box. It handles damn well too, im flying round the tracks with mine.

if you decide to race, don;t go for 10th Nitro, all the clubs are 8th nitro and even if they do allow 10th scale - they won't get around the tracks as they'll be too rough for them.

The Hyper 7, Trophy etc are good RTR starter kits, but as soon as you get competitive you'll be held back by the car. They are damn good cars and awesome value for money, but they won't be breaking the lap record around the track, although you'll still take plenty of enjoyment from trying.