Thread: Entry fees
View Single Post
Old 17-06-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey G View Post
Every race I attend is not to national level (apart from the truggy nationals, 2 days, £20) and in the last 2 years I can only recall 2 or 3 days where I paid less than a tenner.
Not run to national level? Could have fooled me with the top dog barking the orders of vis vests in pits and staying on the rostrum. Shall we start to do scrutineering next?

My point is the WRCA are expecting to run the events very close to national BRCA rules and the price IMO seems to be a standard wherever I race even at non regional events.
I come from a background of motorsport and trackdays and paying £100-£1000 an event wasnt unusual so for me £10 for a days racing is a bargain..
Right, lets get a couple of matters cleared up here....

High Vis vests... - as a nitro racer, you should have, as part of your equipement, a high vis vest, this is a must due to H&S, BRCA Insurance, and also, for the race director to determine who is who in the pit lane. Same goes for the 'no-smoking' too.

Right, difference between a 'national' run eveny, and our 'regionals', which, comared to how the bigger regions are run, is very lax. If we were to run to FULL regional rules (electric quoting now), on top of what we are doing....

Motor scrutineering
Battery scrutineering
transmitter pound
car scrutineering
track width
rostrum height (Talywain and Saundersfoot comply)
Rostrum length (Talywain and Saundersfoot comply)
Referee's

This is just off the top of my head, so when we have all this in place, at each club that holds a regional, then I will happily comply with the reasoning of the pricing @ £10, but in the meantime, the price is not justified. We are currently trying to pull people back in to attending our Regional series, but the price is off putting, as most who don't, either don't see the point in it, think it is costly etc. So by having a 'reasonable' entry fee, and clubs putting the effort in, to bring back the numbers, all you are doing is shooting yourself in the foot, short term gain, for no long term plan.

As much as I hate saying it, our region is seriously lacking in a lot of areas, some are within our control to change, and others aren't. If you were to ask me why I am on the committee, then my answer would be, to cultivate grass roots racing, to bring on more drivers who would then be willing to move up to compete at a regional level. To be able to do that, we have to have strong healthy clubs, and that gives strong healthy tracks, once those are in place, then the Regionals will be far better, as people will look forward to going, entries will increase, and racing will become more popular.