View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartalec View Post
Hi Scott, 600mm height for the rostrum is nowhere near high enough in my opinion.

The existing bridge is far too narrow as the track should be a minimum of 3metres wide EVERYWHERE. I have no idea what the track markings were for the show so I can't comment as to their suitability but as suggested before, fire hose is the best (but not only) solution. I don't think you can successfully cut a track in the grass and not have any track markings.

Gazebo with a table under it for race control is sufficient and the results can be pinned or stuck to the table.

Can you drive on the grass to pit or do you have to pit in the car park? One of the things to remember is the area is crying out for another off road track so people will be keen to come along and see what it's like.
Most people who race off road have generators, will this cause a problem with neighbours (noise) if 40 people turn up?

Alec
I appreciate your comments about the rostrum - but we really are starting off with small baby steps. The track we run during the Bromham Show was great fun for those who attended and we were only standing on chairs and could see the track perfectly. These stands are higher than a normal chair and would be perfect until we are able to seek permission for something a little larger.

The club does not have a bottomless pocket of money, nor do the members. This is a small club starting from scratch so we are trying to get as much equipment together through hand-me downs and other means

Your previous comments about running a regional are flattering, but we have no intention of doing that in 2011. We are going to take it slowly at first.

Cars will be allowed to drive up to the area next to the track, marshalls will direct drivers to the correct place to ensure we keep the field clear for those participating in other activities.

In terms of generators, we will have to be careful about this both in terms of safety and noise levels as there are houses that back onto the field. We may have to limit the number of generators - but we'll see once we are running.