View Single Post
Old 19-02-2011

Steve

I understand where you are coming from. The problem I now face is club members turning up with cars that are not Touring Cars or Mardave Cars. The committee had agreed that these cars should be in their own heat and not race with Mardaves.

The club needs the full support of all Mardave drivers on this one. If you want the club to stop putting non Mardave cars with you then make your voice heard and I will enforce this ruling. At present I'm trying to walk a very narrow tight-rope to try and keep everyone happy!

The problem arises when 1 or 2 non Mardave/TC turns up - do we put them in a heat of their own, or mix them into the Mardave cars.

Personally I would prefer to be cruel to be kind and ban all cars that are not Touring Cars or Mardave so that the club focusses on the 2 classes indoors. However, I have to take on board what others feel both in the club and during committee meetings and it was felt we should offer the RWYB class in case someone turned up with a car that was not a TC or Mardave.

It might come to a point with the numbers joining that we simply will not be able to accomdate anything other than Mardave and Touring cars as the numbers keep increasing and if that happens it certainly makes my life easier

Oh the fun (NOT!) sometimes of running a club