View Single Post
Old 29-05-2011

Thought'd i'd give an update to this thread

I have build it up over the last week and today gave it its first run today at work

I have fitted the following:
  • Screw hinge pins rather than E-Clips
  • EZrun 8.5T geared with a 25T pinion
  • BlueBird 10.6KG metal geared servo
  • HK-3000 Rx (which will be going into a waterproof box)
  • Fastrax Arrow wheels (rears all round)
  • Ball bearing kit
  • Locked ball diff

I did have some fun with the front arms binding on the arm carrier so required some trimming with a knife and sandpaper to get smooth action in the arms.

It is rather insane with a 4000Kv motor in it and I struggled to get the power down with the Arrow wheels (especially on loose gravel ) What i'd really like is some Nanda block type tyres for the rear

I spent 20 minutes running it and took approx 3200MAh from my 5200MAh 2s batteries so it is nice and efficient. Motor was only just warm after this time. I spent more time playing today than I had with my MERV in 3 months! I'll glue up the stock tyres this weekend and go down to the park for a play.

I would really like to get a gear diff for it so I can get some diff action as the locked ball diff provides no diff really. Trying to find a 1/10th buggy that has a gear diff and not a ball diff

Anyway it has been a fun build and a great fun driving it. I had forgotten how rewarding a 2wd buggy can be

I have used this every day this weekend I am getting around 40 minutes of run time from a 5200MAh LiPo. I think the motor is revving out so I need to go up a tooth or so to stop that. Motor and ESC are warm to hot after 40 minutes of running on grass. I also need to get some spikes for the front as the ribs don't work well on grass under power! I end up with power on understeer but lots of steering off power. The Arrows can't contain the power even on smooth tarmac! Donuts galore

I have curbed it at speed and rolled it and touch wood not broken anything bar the rear lexan wing and a crack in the body shell.

It has re-ignited my passion in the hobby

I am going to order a 24 and 26T pinion to play with and need to think about crash tubes for the front and rear wheels to stop binding. I think I need to tighten the slipper slightly too.