View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The beauty of Chadderton, is that the surface doesn't require new tyres. I find new tyres slower than 1 runners, and those 1 runners last til the centre is literally bald.... so im using at round 2 the set I used at round 1, which had also been used at a club meeting before that.... and im not dissadvantaged by it. When this set of tyres #1 wear, I'll put some worn Minispikes on from outdoors... £0 additional cost incurred.... other racers must be doing same as me?

To allow foams, I would be dissadvantaged with rubber as would anybody else, I would feel obliged to use them to keep up costing me money.... likely id just not turn up though. Im sure others would feel the same. Im racing chadderton as its only costing me fuel and booking in, its a chilled out meeting, no hassle.

Control tyre I don't mind as long as they're rubber, Id buy them once, make them last like I do now.

Controlling numbers used is pointless here, as part worn tyres are of no dissadvantage. Let the racers use as many new as they want, they have no advantage. Controlling numbers used is only worth considering if using new gave a big advantage.