View Single Post
Old 19-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudders View Post
I have some very important news regarding the tyre choices for the MK GP to be help next month. After some extensive testing recently at various indoor race tracks locally around MK Racing, we the organisers have decided the Fastrax Turf Ripper tyre are NOT suitable for competitive indoor racing on the surfaces we are providing. Therefore the tyre will be dropped and there will not be a control tyre. ANY widely commercially available tyre can be used.

We realise this situation is far from ideal and its been a very difficult decision to make. However we see the meeting being a success based on this change of rules rather than people have undriveable and inconsistent cars. We’d rather take the flack and moaning now and have a really good, hard and fast competitive race meeting than have a numerous complaints on the day and unhappy racers.

We have decided to reduce the entry fee for this event based on the above information. The new entry price will be £12.00 per class. To give 200+ drivers a refund via PayPal will personally take me days to manually send through so we are proposing the following scheme. When you book in on the day you will be given £3 in cash as your refund, this will come from a pre allocated amount of money (£3 x entered drivers). Should any monies be left over from this pot the remainder will be split between two charities, HELP for HEROES and CHILDREN in NEED. I hope that maybe many of you can still the see the benefit of this meeting at £15.00 and will waive the refund to charity. Saying that, times are hard for all at present and if people want the £3 there will be no issues! (in the interests of clarity, a receipt will be posted up on o0ple stating the charitable donation in the week after the event)

I’m sure they’ll be lots of posts and I’ll do my best to give frank and honest answers but please remember that this has not been an easy decision by us but we do feel it needed to be done. I will be emailing all drivers as well, but in case of missing mails, please spread the word.

MKGP Crew

What happened to the refund / charity donation for the £3?