Thread: FWD/FF Buggy
View Single Post
Old 29-12-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
Your going to need more work at the front or rear of original, no kick up no master and toe out on arms
Could I ask you what you exactly mean? Do you mean there is no kick up and it needs some, that it has toe-out and must be removed or needs it and doesn't have it yet, etc?

Edit 30-12-2011:

This is a new plan for the chassis layout. That, or with the servo next to the battery. The plan is to build a (partially) custom steering set which allows me to run the steering rack over the battery. Reason for this is the advice I got several times to put the weight further forward, and the TLR22 steering rack may not give me the desired steering geometry (so I need a different system anyway).

The chassis plate as you may noticed is also split between a main plate and rear plate. I want to make the wheelbase adjustable, and with the system I can hopefully also adjust the chassis flex (by using further forward or rearward mounting points between the two plates, or using a diff/slipper spring in the mounting points of the rear plates).