View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony12795 View Post
This is IMO

Race Events
More than 120 drivers is way too many, when you think about it this is why a well run and fully organised event like UK Nationals cap to around 120 drivers, I not saying the North West is badly run by the way, it’s just not as good as Nationals as you would expect. The North West is growing every year and has now become a very big region and I think is time the clubs started looking at splitting 2wd and 4wd or people that book into all the events get priority, as you will find that each club will have racers that only race at their local club and are not willing to travel. Unfortunately I feel that the region will push people away to other regions where you can race and be home before local regional has even finished.

Look at the mid-west’s link this is how it should be done. They have 7/8 heats per class properly the same as us, they also have three legged A-Finals which I now its not for everyone but it gives a much better sceptical for the people watching.

http://www.brca-midwest.co.uk/calendar2012.html

Booking In
Right what the hell is going on with booking in, I want to book in to all the North West regional events yeah!! Why can I not just send one email which books me in for all these events? What I have to do is book each event separately, which is okay but what happens if clubs are not taking pre-booking in or start taking pre-booking in later in the week when I am not on oople. It’s just completely and utterly rubbish.

Driving Standard
The driving standard in the North-west is horrendous compared to other Regions. I went to Coventry the last weekend and I have forgotten how much better it is. I raced at Chadderton the week before and people were jumping the track blatantly, In the A final, one racer was in front of two other racers and were all close together on the track, he crashed and end up on the wrong side on the track, he waited for the other racers to come round but then carried on in front of them, basically gaining two places, this is top 10 racers for that meeting!!! You should get back on the track where you crashed and carry on. It’s the same when we go outdoors. Why don’t we have referees?? I am willing to help, maybe give a referee an incentive to referee, pay them by means of free entry for the son or daughter that’s racing or free food, maybe referees should be picked at drivers briefing, which then goes back to organisation and running smaller meetings.

At the minute I am serious considering not doing NW Regional’s because of the above and I also know people that are thinking the same.

Stuart Wood, sort it out please!!!

Comments are welcome