View Single Post
Old 29-11-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr emily View Post
Anybody got a picture of tco2c rear suspension using plastic hub carriers, without wheel on??

Basically i'm after knowing which way round the hubs should be, one marked left , does it go on the left side!!, what effect would having plastic upstand, the bit the the ballstud screws into at the front or rear would have, The hub are 0 degrees?

keith
http://www.teamcracing.net/index.php...d=42&Itemid=86

Looking at the picture from the conversion kit manual if you look at the car from the front you should see the lettering on the hubs facing towards you. And L is on the left. R is on the right and the ball studs are facing backwards. They are quite a central hub it shouldn't make much difference if you get them on the wrong way round, but it might cock up driveshaft angle a bit which can sometimes loose the car grip.

Standard plastic hubs I am pretty sure are 0 degrees. I am pretty sure the only thing you would notice having the ballstud on the front instead of the back would give it quite an acute angle. But this shouldn't affect the handling of the car as long as the movement through the whole range is free and not binding.

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles