View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.sc View Post
Am I missing something here? Surely the simple way to find out what you need to run at your local club is to go down there and ask them what they run. Why are you making a 100 mile round trip to avoid them because you don't know what rules they run to? The BRCA rules might have no bearing on what they run, the only way to find out what classes they run is to go and ask them.

The BRCA rules for sanctioned national meetings have always been for 1S 13.5. The rules have also always stated the 21.5T appendix was there as a framework for clubs if they want to run 2S.
You are missing the point a little yes. EVERYBODY I have spoken to at that club has said they believe that 2s is the superior set up, those who do the bigger events told me that they had to fit 1s kit for those events.

I spoke to the next nearest club & they told me they only ran 1s.

I currently have all the gear to run 2s other than the motor, to put a 1s setup in (remember it would have to be a particular brand in my case) would be prohibitively expensive so puts me off the class.

I believe that to be true for most people who want to run GT12 as a 2nd class, unlessof ccourse their first class was 1/12th.