View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simion Wabs View Post
Just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons, the main reason for adopting the BRCA rules at Glos in the first instance was to give everyone a base line to work from when purchasing esc/batteries/motors etc and to enable them to complete at BRCA sanctioned events (nationals and CWIC to name two). As a few individuals have mentioned on this forum, many people have purchased the BRCA spec items and yet again the BRCA have changed the goal posts.
But this time the club doesn't like the BRCA specs and are now discussing other options that are NOT BRCA sanctioned. I am alarmed at this.

So all the arguements FOR during the first debate are now no longer valid imo. I have always been an advocate of "run what you like" (as the chassis size itself restricts the amount of performance you can effectively use). Now as a club, we are voting to use NONE BRCA approved specs. Further restricting/forcing individuals to purchase more equipment.

At our club, the better drivers usually finish in the A final no matter what specs ESC/Motor/battery combo they use. I appreciate guidance for newcomers on equipment but to enforce none BRCA electrics is now ludicrous.
What happens in 12months when the BRCA change the rules for chassis design? Or battery type? Or even tyre type!!

Rant over. For me I am hapy to drive illegally and not be considered for championship points. Mainly as I no longer wish to spend extra cash on adopting to rules that are no longer nationally approved.

I know Simon but this is not something we expected to happen.. All the original data we were issued was that the BRCA had sanctioned the 21.5 2s system so we and the Chippenham Model Car Club amongst others have gone that route, the decision being made could put our members in apposition where they will have to change for a National Event, because of the complexity of this the Committee has chosen the route of a vote.

Your choices are:.

BRCA – 13.5T 1s
Club – 21.5 2s
And to make this clear...
By voting "Club" will include "BRCA"
By voting "BRCA" will exclude "Club”
We are not considering anything else at this stage.