Thread: Lazer zxr
View Single Post
Old 24-04-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy40 View Post
Iso, your crazy on the front mate, the car will be awful but I suppose you can try it, that is if your talking of 3 degree outwards rather than up or down?

I did a lot of testing in the early 90's to better the overall performance and found the front didnt really need much changing other than the wide front and more castor plus the ZX steering lonkage. The back however was a different affair. I tried reversing wishbones, front wishbones, many hubs, toe in, out etc etc and found the toe in or out on the rear was good, narrower rear hubs (fractional) from the Ultima RB type R (I had most probably the only one in the UK) gave significant options to ride height and made the rear end more responsive due to the narrower width of the car, shock towers and angle of the shocks as well as tie rod adjustment angles and roll bars. I also did try lower pivot blocks on the front and rear and also preferred it on the lower original setting, but I did also try upside down on occassion as this gave a change on some tracks.

If you want an angle sideways just put toe out on the front
i just want 3 degree toe in in the rear thats it.

mvh Isobarik