View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
Gentlemen... I wasn't at DMS so can't comment on anything to do with this thread, except... Robby is an American, with an American IP address.
Thankfully his "marshaling" skills won't be needed at any of our regionals.
Except I come over twice a year and race, have been for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudders View Post
Being a race director is a thankless task and you get very little praise for it and the pressure is all on you.

I love the pressure and like the rewards it brings. If that means me doing no work to my car, then so be it. I ended up last in my final at Surrey due to my T/X going flat half way through as I forgot to turn it off after leaving it on to run the meeting!

SHRCCC got some negative feedback via facebook online after our regional and I confronted those who gave it, once they gave me calm, educated reasonings for their one liners, you can take it on board and deal with it. What some people might not know is the Surrey & Hants club is barely two years old and it was only its third regional, we've learnt and changed things already for club meetings.

I have already stated that I think Darren's mic work was very good in the heats and ALL finals (op's main gripe i think?) if you could hear him over my egging on fellow SHRCCC DRIVERS, also I told him in practice about a faulty up ramp catching cars, and they fixed it. When the meeting started the timings ran well also.

As I said before, the people that seem to complain about things aren't the ones that want to step up and help those that are running the show.