View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
Thats silly.

Ask people what they want and they'll always say the track, because thats tangible. But it doesn't mean other things don't matter, its just that are more subtle.

Lets take race control / rostrum for an example. Now Rog was partially deaf which is probably the only reason he could cope in there - it sounds like having your head in a bucket whilst someone hits it with a hammer. There have been a couple of meetings where I've not been feeling 100% I've seriously thought about pack in early cos it gives me a banging headache. Eric complained about the same at the regional.
Now most drivers probably don't care about reducing the noise in race control so if asked where to spend money would never suggest that but they might be slightly upset to find that they have a lovely new track but nobody to run race meetings.......

Oh, and on a related subject: It occurred to me the club doesn't have as much money as we think. Because we (for sensible reasons like incompatibility with a lot of members transponders) did not upgrade our timing box to RC4 it is no longer supported by BBK. If it fails (unlikely but still possible) we would need to pay for a new RC4 unit at £1200 or more so we need at least that set aside or no timing.

Seeing as were running off a genny, why not do race control outside.
If it looks like rain, small gazebo?