Thread: TLR 22-4
View Single Post
Old 27-09-2013

Exactly - i did not say that the engineers did not do a good job revising the XX-4 ( though the large opening in the alloy front chassis part could have been avoided, the shock tower bracing in the rear could have been more discreet etc) . They did a good job.

Did they bring anything new to the table? Not really
XX-4 (original version) "risked"/brought something new in the following areas:

-Balance/layout-by the way the saddles in the back behind the motor config was not first presented by losi - but they got it belt driven and researched motor position
-Composite chassis for 4wd - quite unusual for the time and mostly limited to entry level kits
-clicker (and the research associated with designing a dependable and effective rachet mech for racing conditions)
-The thin pitch front and mid belts - bet a lot wouldnt think they would last
-The front suspension/carrier design "cleaned up" from the Avante and brought to excellence (ok durability was not great but as a design it is still the most advanced)
-Adjustable torque distribution front and rear

and other things i forget now

I guess the question is why bring something new to the table....And the whole thing goes much deeper - it is a whole direction of the society type of thing. It is the same thing as why go to the moon or beyond (even though we now have the tech to do it at much lower cost and with many more expansion capabilities) if it wont make us money immediately or sell immediately to the facebook/Idol/twitter/reality TV generation

It is a shame because we "shut up" those that have the skills and dream big as irresponsible and reckless and unrealistic when it was exactly these type of people that brought all big advances in the last century...

There are clever people around here... i know . I hope to hear from them what they really think rather than an uptight educated /i want to seem smart and reasonable by todays standards point of view.

I mean isnt that whole situation getting more and more suffocating/limiting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu View Post
no hate just a little disapointed