Thread: PLEASE READ
View Single Post
Old 21-10-2013

Default PLEASE READ

The following is a joint opinion of mine and a number of the regular racers of the club. It is still subject the the track owners approval.

We are looking at banning the use of mini pin/spike style tires at the track, and we know that this will not please everybody who has been coming and are sorry about that. We will however, be likely promoting the use of foam tires on the driven axle of the cars, and any rubber or foam tire on the none driven axles. Myself and my friends will all still be running buggys, but on foam tires, and the track will maintain its current level of jumps and off road attractions.

We will plan to get an amount of foam tires at a very good price for anybody who wants it and can supply this from the club at unbeaten prices. (we are wanting advice on the compounds you guys would want (contact foam) and if anybody would like to pre order some if this is going ahead.)

This could go ahead as soon as a week on friday, but if that is the case, anybody who requests some tires should be able to collect some from the track this weekend.

We believe this will help with the driving conditions for the track style we are racing on, and will help to grow the club due to its ability to allow other onroad racer that were turned away, back, allowing for numbers to grow and the club to grow.

This is not a final decision but please don't go mental at me or anyone else who is planning to push this idea, we know some racers wish to not run on none mini pin tires, the problem we face is that not enough racers came to support the club with this style of racing in mind.
Thanks Andy.