Thread: RC Game?
View Single Post
Old 23-02-2014
Mad Member

When I was young, I played this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrpCmhrPcCU

3D Ultra Radio Control Racers! Someone at school had the German version of it, and we played it occasionally. It's hilarious! I managed to get the English version about 2 years ago, and I occasionally play it again.

I really love the graphics: It's vivid yet basic imagery, you don't need more than that, in fact the focus on 2D with striking textures works better for me than a 3D model without proper detailing. At most wheels that can move independently from the car would add to the experience. It's really cool too you can edit the basic physics of the game in Notepad. Also, I think the feature of weapons and upgrades on the track is really cool (imagine what other weapons and upgrades you could make if you take some inspiration from Worms! )

However, now I've grown up I'd like to see a more sophisticated AI so you can actually race closely, perhaps Network/Internet Multiplayer driving and a more sophisticated and realistic physics/handling engine so the cars behave more diversely. It doesn't have to be like VRC Pro, but a relatively basic but decent car physics model of a game like GTA 3/Vice City would work wonders for realism (and handling can be edited in Notepad, just like the RC Game I mentioned). Oh, and many more types of cars and tracks And while you're at it you could make a mission/storyline in the game, too.

So in short, in my imagination a fun RC game has a basic but decent physics model with proper AI for close racing, but takes a sort of kids' perspective of driving them like they did so vividly in 3D Ultra Radio Control Racers!

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy