Thread: Lazer zxr
View Single Post
Old 13-10-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

Ok, well someone mentioned the other day to get some pictures of Ellis Stafford's Euro winning Lazer and so I emailed him and he brought it along to the Maritime Raceway Winter series first event this weekend.

Ok needed a good clean and a fix and as luck would have it and Ellis already knows I have spares as I still race my ZXR so took some pictures for everyone to at least reminisce on such a unique car. Also was a good idea to put my race car alongside so you can see the changes that I have done since his car was used.

See if you can notice what's unusual about his car, also fyi the diffs are waaaay smoother than a gear diff, it was incredible how good they felt considering its been sitting in an open space since he won the title. Oil was also still in those shocks as well but some had leaked over time. Also those tyres were as it came off the track when he won the title so only change being is he removed all the electrical gear to fit into his next car but left the Parma motor in and is still meshed perfectly to the spur.

Anyway thanks Ellis for doing this.

Hope you enjoy these.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Euros Lazer1.jpg (75.5 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg Euros Lazer2.jpg (57.5 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg Euros Lazer3.jpg (60.5 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg Euros Lazer & My car1.jpg (89.3 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg Euros Lazer & My car2.jpg (105.8 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg Ellis & me.jpg (90.0 KB, 42 views)
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS